CYBERSECURITY PROJECT ENGINEER
Raytheon Cybersecurity & Special Missions (CSM) provides cybersecurity and advanced intelligence solutions that strengthen our global customers' critical infrastructures, information systems and mission.
Raytheon supports a mission critical full life-cycle Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Services contract, which includes strategic initiatives, establishing policies, providing governance, defining IT solutions, and delivering IT capabilities through innovation, transformation, and collaboration. Raytheon is looking for cleared, industry leading IT professionals to deliver innovative, mission critical IT capabilities and services in support national defense.
The CyberSecurity Project Engineer will provide assistance to cyber security projects within the Customer organization. The Cyber Security Project Engineer may have multiple projects they support and administer and will work closely with the Customer personnel and management to ensure all program and project milestones are met following all approved processes and procedures with appropriate levels of documentation.
The Cyber Security Project Engineer shall oversee and assist in coordinating (internally and externally) all activities related to engineering activities in order to successfully complete project activities within a reasonable amount of time.
Project Engineer will also communicate and present project status to all variety of audiences and forums as required. This includes preparing updates to program plans and other documentation on a regular basis.
JOB DUTIES /TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* In addition to the Project Management Plans, the Project Engineer oversees and assists the responsible engineer in maintaining appropriate levels of documentation agreed to as part of an overall for each individual project, including operations and maintenance information, analyst operation guides, design documents and overall concept of operations. The System Engineers, Analysts, and others supply the descriptions and/or technical data for the documentation with that knowledge as required.
* Ensure all program activities maintain system baselines and configuration management items, including security event monitoring “policies”.
* Coordinate, schedule and support all meetings as directed by the Contractor Program Manager. The Project Engineer is also responsible for assisting the COTR and staff management with all data calls to satisfy Front Office Action Items and other, reporting items as requested.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Cyber Security experience (specific computer languages, systems or technologies, expertise with the subject matter or technology outweighs the number of years of experience, especially with emerging technologies.), commensurate with education, as outlined below.
* Considerable knowledge of computing design concepts and implementation.
* Ability to identify new technologies and assess their technical and performance characteristics.
* Ability to create complex system designs, resolves engineering problems, and proposes preventive strategies.
* Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and project information clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Ability to write technical documents addressing complex, sensitive issues.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications and briefing skills.
* Experience with Information Assurance assessment tools
* Experience with Encryption technologies
* Experience with Identity and authentication technologies
* Ability to mentor or train other team members and share expertise within and across contracts, organizational boundaries and with customers
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline
* Doctorate plus 8 years' experience; Masters plus 10 years' experience; Bachelors plus 12 years' experience; Associate plus 14 years' experience; High School/GED plus 16 years' experience.
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
*** U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph Security Clearance is required. ***
Position is contingent upon contract award and may be filled by Team Raytheon members
This position requires a US person.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.