TheSubsystemCenterintheEngineeringElectricalSubsystemsDirectorate (ESD) is seeking to fill anEMIEffects Engineer position. TheEngineer is responsible for architecture designof electronics for extremelylow electromagnetic emissions andhightolerance to externalelectromagneticinterferers.ApplicationsincludeEMSECand electronic warfare,with emphasis on the design ofadvancedmissiles or like- applications.Experience in appliedmethods to controlself-interference in high-gain,high-speed,low-noiseadvancedsensorsystemsincluding radar and electro-optic guidance units, the grounding strategiesthereof,power distribution, shielding,partitioning andnoise-reductionmethods.ThePrincipal Engineer has experience in thearchitecture,applicationandadvanceddesignofelectronicsubsystemsthathavesuccessfullyachievedhighperformance in the field. This position resides in Tucson,Arizona,reporting to the ESD EngineeringOrganization.
Please note: This position can be a Electrical Engineer II or Sr. Electrical Engineer I depending on the candidates skills and experience.
Key responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to, the following:
Required Skills,Experience & Education:
- Developsarchitectures for new designs,tosupportthecapture, and technicalexecutionwithintheSubsystemDesign and Architecture Department.
- Oversees the developmentofsuitablecomponentsandsubsystemsthatachieve the performancerequirements at the system-level.
- Providestechnicalconscience,challengedwith making sure the product and process meetappropriatestandards.
- Ensures balancewithriskconditionsandconstraintswhileadvising leadership.
- Visibleandaccountable for technicaldecisions.
- Technical contactwith the customerinclusiveofrequirements,technicalcommitments, IRAD, futuretechnicalneeds, etc.
- Participate in major review boards such as EngineeringReview Board, Failure Review Board, RiskandOpportunityReview Board etc.
- Communicates and collaborateswithProgramManagement,Product Line ChiefEngineer,FunctionalManagement, and Operations & Customers.
- Technicallysuccessful bringing a balancedsolutionwithintheboundary conditions set by a business solutionwithProgramManager. The Principal Engineerwillengage the ChiefEngineer’s Office andtheProduct Line Chief Engineers.
Desired Skills, Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’sdegree in anEngineering field
- Post graduate certifications in thechosenEngineering field
- A minimum of 2 years experiencein electronicsdevelopment
- Working knowledge of electromagneticinterferencecontroldesignmethodologies
- Manufacture and assembly ofEMI-criticalproduct,withdemonstratedproblemsolving, strong interaction with customers and management,persuasive, technically broad withinEMIfield,understandsEMItesting,Raytheonrelationships,technicalpresentations to customers,managementandpeers
- Musthavetheability to obtain a DoD issuedSecretsecurity clearance
Security Clearance RequirementsThis positionrequiresthesuccessfulissuance,transfer or maintenanceof a Secret security Clearance. Non-UScitizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. TheDefenseIndustrialSecurity Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of theDepartmentofDefense,handlesandadjudicatesthesecurity clearance process.Securityclearance factors include,but are not limited to, allegiancetothe US, foreigninfluence, foreign preference,criminalconduct,securityviolationsand drug involvement.Additional detail regardingsecurity clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website aCheck us out on YouTube:
- Master’sdegree or PhDpreferredinchosenEngineering/Technicalfield
- Currentlyhold a DoD issuedsecurityclearanceof Secret or higher(acurrentinvestigation is defined as aninvestigationnot older than six years)
- Strong expertise in thefieldofEMIdesignmethodologies for military applications
- Participant in nationallyrecognized boards andcommittees
- Prior active participation in a mentorship or coaching program involving several junior or mid-level engineers
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.