The successful candidate will be responsible for the capture and management of contracts within the portfolio of the Integrated Communication Systems (ICS) family of products and services.
The successful candidate will work independently and be the primary internal and external customer interface for the Command & Control Systems business and contracting matters. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring that proposed and negotiated business deals comply with company policies and guidelines, and developing strategies to mitigate contractual/program risks. This assignment requires an ability to develop and maintain trusting relationships with external and internal customers.
Duties will include leading Request for Proposal (RFP) analysis, working on a relatively small team to develop capture and proposal strategy for sole source pursuits, coordination of proposal development, contract negotiations, collaborative agreements, and general contract administration.
- 10 years of experience in contract administration, including proposal preparation and contract negotiation or equivalent such as Program Management
- A proven track record of success while working independently in capture and/or contract management environment
- Experience with DoD contracting, including FAR/DFAR familiarity and Research and Development contracting
- Ability to understand the financial aspects of contracts and other business arrangements; ability to contribute to negotiation strategy and possess strong negotiation skills
- Familiarity with Import and Export requirements, including ITAR, Export Agreements and Licensing
- Computer proficiency, experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and shared data bases
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Required Education (Including Major):
- Prior experience working independently will be considered positively
- Capable of multi-tasking and handling several assignments of differing complexities and different customers concurrently
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing; strong analytical skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork and trust
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Focus on responsiveness and follow-through with strong time management and organizational skill
- Mentoring and coaching
BA/BS in Business, Management, Business Law, Finance, Contracts, Legal Studies, or related discipline; JD or MBA a plus
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.