General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Egg Harbor Township
GDITs civil aviation programming team is seeking a programmer with Web Design/ Architecture experience to work on supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) programs. The position requires a degree in Computer Science, IT Software Development, Computer Engineering, or related. Associates Degree +15 yrs, BS+10 yrs Preferred, MS + 9 yrs is a plus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Candidate will design and develop web pages that draws on project data to be displayed. As part of that team; the candidate will design; builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages.
Candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills; necessary for technical reports and presentations; work well in both group and with individual assignments. Full-time positions are located at the FAA's Technical Center in Southern New Jersey located at the Atlantic City International Airport, 10 miles west of Atlantic City, NJ. Duties will include; but not limited to:
1. Plans, develops, tests, and documents highly complex applications programs, with focus on web.
2. Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
3. Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
4. Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
5. Leads staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as users' manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
6. Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
7. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
8. Serves as a customer interface to ensure problems are resolved and requirements are met in a timely manner.
9. Performs research on emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Preferred/Optional SKILLS: ANY of the following is a plus (not firm job requirements):
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Degree in a Computer Science, IT Software development, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (e.g., MIS with software quals, Electrical Engineering)