General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
GDIT is seeking a SSDS Trainer with NATO Sea Sparrow experience as part of CSCS Training Services supporting Waterfront Training for Center for Surface Combat Systems.
1. Knowledgable on SSDS MK 2 equipped surface combatants in support of SSDS Advanced Warfare Training (AWT) Phases, including Phase I: Self-Assessment Groom Training (SAGT), Phase II: Operator Training and Phase III: Team Training.
2. Candidate develops, organizes, and conducts technical and tactical training necessary to meet TYCOM SSDS training requirements.
3. Provides preventive and corrective maintenance assessment and training of the SSDS MK-2 combat Systems.
4. Conducts both classroom and hands-on training for technicians and tacticians from surface combatants in the operation and maintenance of the SSDS MK-2 Combat System.
5. Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
6. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
7. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
8. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
9. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
10. May provide work leadership for lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs.
Five (5) years of experience with the required system as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level
training environment. Of the five years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional
materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or Navy training, or Navy Fleet experience.