General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs technical tasks towards the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
1. Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, modification, and testing of experimental components, materials, apparatus and equipment at an advanced level.
2. Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, and related equipment.
3. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
4. Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
5. Builds experimental apparatus, instrumentation or systems of considerable complexity.
6. Evaluates the form, fit, and function of components, apparatus and equipment for adherence to project objectives.
7. Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations, and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test method.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
3-5 years of related experience fabricating, maintaining and repairing mechanical components.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.