General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Must have experience in the following: Intermediate to Advanced RedHat 6 and newer Administration and Configuration. Experience with configuration and administration of the RedHat Satellite patch server. Configuration and administration with Apache Tomcat, http and Certificate administration. Experience needs to reflect RedHat UNIX 6 or 7 experience. Familiarity with Veritas clustering in a MS SQL and Oracle environment, Familiarity with Veritas NetBackup application
Intermediate Data Domain replication Administration and Configuration, Advanced Apache Administration and Configuration, Intermediate DISA Gold, Army Gold Master Administration and Configuration, Intermediate Tomcat Administration and Configuration, Intermediate DNS Administration and Configuration.
Certifications: CompTIA Security+ce, RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Security Clearance: SECRET
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.