Jr. Configuration Management Specialist (Job Number:441179)
SAIC in Huntsville, Alabama currently has an opening for a Jr. Configuration Management Specialist in support of the Precision Fires Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) Program at the AMRDEC Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I).
As a Jr. Configuration Management Specialist your responsibilities will include:
- Performing configuration management activities per the Enterprise Process Improvement and Collaboration (EPIC) policies and procedures.
- Performing configuration activities utilizing the CM tool Dimensions and performing CM activities for configuration identification, configuration status accounting, and configuration control.
- Preparation, submission, and receipt of Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs) to and from customers; preparation of drawing/document trees; facilitation of peer reviews and Configuration Control Boards (CCBs); and other CM duties as required.
- This position requires the CM Specialist to be proactive, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be well organized, be an effective "team player," and have the ability to work independently.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 2+ years of related experience is required.
- Experience shall include a range of tasks directly related to the proposed area of responsibility.
- 4 additional years of related experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Configuration management experience throughout the full software lifecycle from analysis to verification
- Proficient with the use of standard Microsoft Office PC applications including Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with a Product LifeCycle Management (PLM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Tool, preferably Dimensions
- Previous experience performing CM tasks for hardware and software projects
All candidates must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 22, 2018, 11:26:13 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job