GEOINT Acquisition Engineer (Job Number:441302)
SAIC has an exciting new opportunity to co-lead (with the government) a high-interest acquisition activity in NRO/GEOINT. The successful candidate will help direct multiple industry contractor teams through pre-acquisition concept/CONOPS development and requirements/interface refinement for a small imaging payload on a non-traditional host satellite. Primary responsibilities include development of RFPs (as directed by the government) and monitoring industry concept designs, requirements, and interfaces with the host. As part of a larger contractor team, the candidate will have access to the larger SAIC team subject matter experts to ensure success.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in an interactive team environment with Government customer leads, payload/spacecraft developers, and other subject matter experts.
- Support the customer’s need to establish a new set of EO system requirements and execute new development contracts. Assist in developing and preparing of Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation (SOWs, CDRLs, DIDs, and requirements).
- Prepare Acquisition Strategy Plans, Justification & Approval (J&A) documents, and briefings necessary to release RFPs to industry
- Assess contractor cost proposals for accuracy and compliance with requirements established in the RFP. Evaluate Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for consistency and accuracy regarding assumptions, methodologies, and value to the customer.
- Support the refinement of system requirements.
- Coordinate requirement thresholds for system drivers to ensure appropriate trade space is considered
- Review development contractor system offerings to satisfy requirements and identify strengths, deficiencies, and risks as appropriate
- Evaluate requirements changes and coordinate with individual contractors to assess their ability to adjust their designs to satisfy changes – performance, utility, risk, cost, and schedule
Occasional travel within the U.S. 10% or less.
- Bachelors in Aerospace Engineer (or equivalent) and 9 years or more experience.
- 9 or more years of experience working in satellite system program office or a satellite development facility
- Experience preparing RFP packages. (e.g. SOWs, CDRLs, Award Fee Plans)
- Familiarity with IC and DoD organizations
- Self-starter, requiring no supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Available immediately
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- BS in Engineering
- Familiarity with NRO GEOINT system capabilities and requirements, both current and planned systems
- 5 or more years of engineering experience with satellite bus systems
- Understanding of various sensor technologies/phenomenologies and capabilities
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 22, 2018, 12:41:44 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job