Communications Payload Engineer (Job Number:441247)
SAIC needs an experienced satellite space communications engineer to provide sustained System Program Office support to assist GPOC in overseeing the design, manufacturing, assembly, and integration and test activities of a major satellite program. The selected candidate will be the lead for supporting the acquisition of satellite space communications subsystems and will also be an integral participant in the Government enterprise and satellite-level support.
- Key areas of focus include:
- Enterprise-to-program interface control document (ICD) development and reviews, RF link closure analysis wideband data handling and narrowband command and control
- Coordinate development activities with other Government agencies
- Provide direct support to the customer to assist in overseeing the design, manufacturing, assembly, integration and test activities of a major satellite program.
- Assist the GPOC with coordinating with the Government enterprise in the development and execution of enterprise-to-program ICDs and a service bundle agreement (SBA).
- Provide independent RF link closure analysis for multiple communication links.
- Review/monitor enterprise, system, subsystem and assembly-level test and verification/validation planning and execution.
- Attend enterprise system, subsystem and segment level design reviews and program management reviews to assess design maturity, requirements compliance and to provide informed technical recommendations to the GPOC.
- Attend Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings.
- Attend contractor and subcontractor boards (Failure review, PM&P, configuration, risk management, etc) and provide feedback to the customer.
- Review drawings, documents and procedures for design, manufacturing, integration, and test and provide comments to the GPOC and Prime/Subcontractor.
- Review test plans/procedures and test results and test reports for completeness and accuracy, including compliance to approved plans, and provide feedback to the GPOC and Prime/Subcontractor.
- Support the customer in the oversight of subsystem hardware development, integration, and test activities at the subcontractor and associated vendor facilities.
- Proactively identify and assess emerging technical and programmatic risks at the enterprise, system, subsystem level and then work with the Government enterprise Prime/Subcontractor to develop and evaluate mitigation approaches.
- Develop productive relationships with Prime/Subcontractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other subject matter experts.
- Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events and provide weekly status updates, oral and in writing (email) to the customer.
- Author, review, negotiate and coordinate documents(specs, ICD, contract strategies, acquisition plans, performance tests) across the customer enterprise.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- Experience with the RF link analysis with government enterprise communication systems.
- 9 years of work experience
- Experience with cryptographic hardware, requirements and testing.
- Experience with ICD and SBA development.
- Experience with the programmatic, manufacturing, and design engineering aspects of satellite hardware.
- Experience with the satellite assembly Integration and Test activities.
- Basic understanding of DOD/IC satellite systems and architectures.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be effective in a government/contractor team environment.
- Experience in DOD/IC acquisition and program management processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated sustained superior performance.
- Available to travel domestically.
- MS degree in engineering discipline.
- Experience working in a SETA role.
- Experience in satellite unit, subsystem, system, and satellite level Integration and testing.
- Understanding of space qualified parts and qualification processes
- Experience with government planning and budgeting processes.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 22, 2018, 2:19:46 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job