Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Mechanic Lead, maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment including the Stimulation service line equipment as well as diesel engines, transmissions, drive-train components, winches, high-pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, air compressors, microprocessor controls, electro-mechanical equipment hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, mobile cranes, wellhead attachments, pressure equipment, gearboxes, PTO’s, generators, chemical metering systems, 12/24-volt electrical systems, equipment cabs and controls, chassis and suspension, rims, tires, wheels, A/C systems, and other energy-services equipment. The individual in this job role is responsible for the oversight of the shop and less experienced mechanics.
- Must be able to perform and complete, without fault, all Essential Functions required of Entry – Level 4 Mechanic positions.
- Maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment within the service line and various company specific equipment.
- Familiar with company purchasing process and policies.
- Sound understanding of and ability to follow and periodically review the requirements established by job policy, procedure and guidelines.
- In specified locations only - Welding capabilities will include material and welding specifications, knowledge of what can and cannot weld, ability to use torch and hot wrench permits, welding vendor certifications.
- Responsible for the oversight of maintenance mechanics and the shop under his/her supervision.
- Ability to perform and complete work on their own as well as provide motivation and direction to other employees as needed.
- Continually emphasize safety. Participate or lead safety meetings, hazard hunts and ensures JSA’s are followed.
- Report unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- Performs work on his/her own as well as provides motivation and direction to other employees as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A deep working relationship with the clients on their well designs, upcoming well plans, and projected activities.
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Most possess certification in the following areas: crane, WCE, lifting paths, electronics calibration, pumping iron and lifting swings.
- Position requires 10%+ travel
- Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment"
Required Experience and Education
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Must have attained at least 6 years of on the job experience as a mechanic (heavy equipment preferred) and 6 years of on the job experience in related field and/or completion of technical school in related field.
- Experience with hydraulic power transmission repair in regards to heavy machinery.
- Basic computer skills are required.