Database Administrator Sr
Job ID: 457993BR
Date posted: Oct. 22, 2018
Program: Joint Strike Fighter/MCAS Yuma, AZ
Description:At Lockheed Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin's Training & Logistics business area delivers training and simulation technologies, as well as live training, to defense and civil customers worldwide. Lockheed Martin's advanced flight training services provide training to military aviators, commercial pilots and astronauts. For our F-35 Pilot Training and ALIS Programs this important work can provide some very interesting challenges and opportunities for both former Military Aviators and IT professionals who are interested in challenging assignments such as a
Database Administrator for F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for USMC at MCAS Yuma, AZ.
A Database Administrator for an operating unit, is responsible for ensuring the integrity of all the databases within the system. The Database Administrator maintains the internal database of the system as well as the individual applications. The Database Administrator works closely with the System Administrator to carry out and sustain system-wide backups and restores. The Database Administrator will provide maintenance of databases to include the following: backups, disaster recovery, database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates).
Performs Database technical duties to include general backups, restore, updates, testing, debugging, integration and analysis. The specific duties include performing data transfers between operating units and other systems (internal and external), providing user access to data, keeping servers operational, configuring assets to support user needs, troubleshooting assets. Monitors test progress, corrective actions, hardware/software baseline status, testing patches and an overall status of the system.
Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment and subject to all applicable U.S. Government requirements. A detailed list of these requirements will be available at the time of interview and employment will be contingent on agreement and compliance with such requirements.
Successful candidate must be capable of passing USMC medical, dental and overseas screening requirements and must maintain their medical fitness for this position.
The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week
Deployment and continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of the OJT required at Lockheed Martin’s training locations. These locations may include but are not limited to: Luke AFB, AZ; Nellis AFB, NV, Hill AFB, UT; Eglin AFB, FL; Edwards AFB, CA; Fort Worth, TX; Orlando, FL; Yuma, AZ; Beaufort, SC.
Successful candidate must be capable of passing USMC medical, dental and overseas screening requirements and must maintain their medical fitness for this position as a condition of employment.
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance. Candidates Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
In addition to the following:
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or database administration process background
2) Prior Database Administration and/or Database Development experience
3) Good communication & Verbal skills
4) Self starter & be able to Multi-task
5) Familiar with COTS/developed Software (Oracle, SQL and/or Siebel)
6) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
7) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600 or 1000-1900 (standard), and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
8) Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
8) Able to withstand extreme weather conditions in varying climates.
9) Able to lift and carry 100+ pounds for 25 or more yards.
10) Travel outside the local region is anticipated and will include USMC/USAF/USN/USA bases CONUS and other locations (ship or shore) in support of requirements. For the purposes of this effort, the T-AVB and MEU ships, wherever they may be located, are included in the definition of "USMC Bases." Guam, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Alaska, PI, Korea, Wake Island, Hawaii, Malaysia, or any other in the Pacific AOR or deemed necessary.
11) Must meet all medical, dental and overseas screening requirements as directed by the local commander if ordered to deploy, to include completing forms DD2807, Medical Rider form, Navmed 1300-1, NavPers 1300-16. (Iwakuni is more restrictive than Okinawa or other OCONUS bases).
12) Time zone differences may require adjusted shift schedule as necessary to participate in telcons or VTCs with external agencies.
12) Deployment and continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of the OJT required at Lockheed Martin’s training locations. These locations may include but are not limited to: Luke AFB, AZ; Nellis AFB, NV, Hill AFB, UT; Eglin AFB, FL; Edwards AFB, CA; Fort Worth, TX; Orlando, FL; Yuma, AZ; Beaufort, SC.
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for management
2) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) hardware and software
3) Certified in Security+
4) Demonstrated database administration skills, to include:
a) Experience with importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases, be able to execute and troubleshoot database SQL scripts and report/correct finding and issues to the development team.
b) Database backups for Disaster Recovery preparation and maintenance on the Oracle databases. Scripts to perform Level 0 and delta (Level 1) backups, full logical export of all database data that collects snapshots of parameter files and checks database for logical and physical corruption
c) Database restoration for disaster recovery from most current backups
d) Status check scripts to troubleshoot database issues by pulling status of every database on the server, status of the database listener, and provide database system file tampering notification
e) Manually install Oracle Critical Patch Updates
f) Reviewing V$ tables and DBA views for any issues that may arise
g) Locate user session data via the command line
h) Performance tuning utilizing SQL commands (without using Oracle Enterprise Manager)
i) Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery to include hot and cold backups.
j) Understanding of SQL/PL-SQL language and be able to execute.
5) Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
a) Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Storage Area Network (SAN) Fabric architecture (Zoning, logical unit number (LUN) Masking, and host bus adapter (HBA) Hardware.
b) Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (Routing, Fail Over, etc), Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) and supported protocols.
c) Engineering skills required for maintaining Enterprise Server Racks.
d) Strong Working knowledge of SSL/VPN security architecture with integration into multi-layered Firewall architecture.
e) Ability to work with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere, Visual SAN, Fabric Manager).
f) Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Tape.
6) COTS/developed software skills
7) Software Engineering background and experience
8) Integration & Test experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid)