The Government and Public Affairs Representative Senior will support and promote the strategies and objectives of the Government Relations and Media Communications department by managing and coordinating activities and events related to the Political Action Committee; government relations; media communications; and corporate memberships. The Government and Public Affairs Representative will produce publications for internal and external consumption as required.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Coordination of Political Action Committee (PAC) Activities:
- Promotes the PAC to employees
- Identifies events to support
- Coordinates participation in events
- Manages PAC Budget
- Manages production of PAC newsletter
Administration of Lobbying/Hill Activities:
- Drafts briefing memos
- Schedules and coordinates meetings
- Attends policy and think tank events and hearings
Coordination of Corporate Memberships and Sponsorships:
- Maintains lists of corporate memberships and sponsorships
- Manages corporate membership and sponsorships budget
- Processes invoices for corporate memberships and sponsorships
Press and Public Relations Support:
- Coordinates DI Blog activity
- Assists with publishing of DynMonitor, corporate news bulletin
- Distributes press releases
- Supports general press operations
- Handles invoices and purchase orders, ensuring accuracy of charge codes and follow-up with vendors;
- Supports tracking of expenses against budget forecasts;
- Assists in the annual budget process in support of government relations, political action committee, and media communications.
- Prepares correspondence and reports as directed by senior management, as well as independently, to senior internal or external customers, applicants, associates, vendors or employees.
- Purchases equipment and supplies and represents assigned department or contract to vendors or suppliers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the U.S Government structure and/or experience in media relations in government contracting.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization and the ability to influence others.
- Excellent organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing, problem solving, decision making, and research skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work multiple high priority tasks and projects under tight deadlines.
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Handles sensitive information and data appropriately.
Experience & Education
- Five (5) years progressively responsible administrative experience, with three (3) years’ experience in government relations, marketing, or media.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or other associated discipline.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally. 5% to 10% travel.
About DynCorp International
International is a leading global services provider offering unique,
tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on over seven decades of experience
as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI
provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and
operational solutions wherever we are needed. DynCorp International is
headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit our blogs Inside
DI or DI at Work or follow DynCorp
International on Twitter.