full-time employee contract
The primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Duties may include: (may be modified with concurrence of the Contracting Officer and contractor Program Manager)
• Performs as the highest-level technical expert, providing both internal and external consulting services
• Establish complex operational software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system(s) assigned
• Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of complex software programs to enhance an operating system
• Management of installation, maintenance, auditing and support of a secure MS Windows network environment and limited web/data application service
• Management of internet applications and protocols IP,TCP,HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, & SSL
• Management of file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system documentation as required
• Interface with local customers and provide IT related support to quickly resolve problems
• Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
• Management of periodic maintenance, hardware upgrades and replacement, firmware updates and system configuration changes
• Attend planning and requirements meetings with IT staff, Program Managers and customers as required
• Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests
• Provides technical guidance and leadership to the team
• 10 - 12 years related experience
• Bachelors degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years)
• Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire.
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2007 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP/Vista operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware.
• Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration.
• Working knowledge of JAFAN 6/0, DCID/JAFAN 6/3, DCID/JAFAN 6/9, and Joint DODIIS/Cryptologic SCI Information Systems Security Standards, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to C&A
• Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL1 & PL2 systems; experience with PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions is a plus
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs