Candidate will perform service and emergency repairs to domestic water, chilled water, hot water, waste water, water softener, compressed air, natural gas and drainage systems. Scope of work includes pipes, fittings, fixtures, heating equipment, drainage, pumps, process tanks, water filters, grease traps, controls and housekeeping in equipment, lab, office and grounds work areas. Work to be performed according to International Plumbing Codes and other applicable industry standards.
- Interpret engineering drawings and specifications, working drawings and equipment manuals related to plumbing systems and components.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair malfunctioning plumbing systems and components.
- Able to determine material requirements, locate pipe routings, install and repair plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes, eye washes, water heaters, hot water tanks, humidifiers, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, water softeners and other plumbing equipment.
- Able to fill pipe systems and read pressure gauges to determine whether related system is leaking.
- Must be proficient in the use of water jet and other drain clearing equipment.
- Possess working knowledge of International Building Codes as it relates to Plumbing systems.
- Repair and maintain plumbing systems by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Must possess general computer skills to maintain records, time, order parts, and process work orders.
- Responsive and able to manage assigned work load with input from manager. Flexible to alter workload in emergency situations.
- Able to totally complete an assigned plumbing maintenance task including incidental duties including cleanup, as required.
- Able to use a variety of hand tools.
- Able to read schematics and written instructions well.
- Able to interpret equipment manuals.
- Flexibility with work shift assignment.
- Good teaming and communication skills.
- Available during off hours for emergency call-in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 8 years’ experience in plumbing trades
A plumbing apprenticeship program or trade school program
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.