Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of Radar Sensor Systems. We provide the War Fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. Our Global mission is to develop innovative technical solutions to meet the needs of our customers and provide the most reliable products that will change the face of the future. Our team is comprised of some of the top Engineers and Scientists in the country who are committed to making a difference. What we need is … you!
If you have a strong passion and vision to help increase our organizational effectiveness through leadership, and a desire work within a diverse and inclusive culture and be a part of something bigger, then we would like you to join our team.
The Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) Center within Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking an highly motivated and experienced engineering manager to lead as the Airborne Early Warning Reconnaissance and Surveillance (AEWRS) Department Manager. This department provides a full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of SAS radar programs.
The Manager will lead approximately 120+ engineering professionals located in El Segundo, CA and have direct accountability of design, development and sustainment activities on the AEWRS family of programs. This person will report to the SEIT Center Director.
- Manage engineering execution cost, schedule and technical performance, provide technical interface to PMO and customers, select and manage engineering performance metrics and risk
- Provide functional leadership, career development and guidance, and flow-down/compliance to SAS and SEIT Center initiatives, goals and directives.
- Create partnerships to ensure effective product transition to manufacture.
- Advocate for process improvement and implement process improvement initiatives and efficiencies to increase overall department performance
- Support SAS business needs and growth through strategic hiring and staffing
- 12+ years of demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering, including requirements development, allocation and flow down to subsystems/units.
- In-depth knowledge of RF system analysis, modeling and simulation for development and sustainment efforts
- Direct engineering experience with product development and support at the integrated RF/ electronic system level
- Experience with process application for the engineering product life cycle from development through production (e.g. Integrated Product Development Processes)
- Experience in functional management, including technical leadership, performance and career development
- Able to effectively multi-task and set priorities. A team player able to build strong relationships and effectively partner with others
- Experience interfacing, communicating and presenting to all levels of the organization including senior executive leadership and customers
- Experience developing proposals including generation of cost and technical volumes
- Knowledge and utilization of EVMS, task planning milestone development, and budget management
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance prior to commencing work
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- Knowledgeable of RF electronic systems and/or component technologies
- Experience in department-level functional management
- Familiarity with contracts and finance organization processes and systems
- Understanding of lateral engineering functions; Hardware, Software, Integration & Test and Mission Assurance
- Experience bidding and oversight of Firm Fixed Price (FFP) programs
- Experience working on International programs
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or related technical disciplineDesired Education:
Master's Degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or related technical discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons 126378
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.