The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within IDS. SADID provides system level design through requirements definition for complex, large scale defense applications. To support this activity, SADID employees are responsible for modeling and simulation efforts, system effectiveness and operational analysis, radar systems design, signal processing algorithm development, tracking, and discrimination.
SADID's core capabilities encompass a wide range of the key systems engineering competencies required for successful technical development and program execution. Our capabilities cover the entire lifecycle, including business capture, proposal development, system requirements development and technical design, as well as system integration and test support.
Our general systems engineering expertise comprises architecting, requirements development, flow down and design, algorithm development, modeling and simulation, operations analysis and integration and test support. Areas of expertise are radar, sensor, battle management solutions, command and control, and cyber security
Romania has procured the first in a series of multiple Patriot Fire Units through a Foreign Military Sale (FMS) effort. In the 1-Lot contract, Romania Air Force will be receiving one Patriot fire unit with a total package approach for three additional fire units, as well as funding the development of Phase I of the Radar Digital Exciter (DEX) activities. Romania’s procurements will be executed through annual FMS case amendments, for a total of 7 fire units with associated technical assistance, training, and supply support.
This position is responsible for the management and ownership of the Romania Patriot Systems Engineering (SE) Cross Product Team (CPT) technical content and execution for Romania 1-Lot and follow on Romania contracts.
This position can be a Salary Grade G10 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- The SE CPT lead will support the Romania Patriot program management team, will provide technical engineering leadership to the Romania team, and is responsible for the success and performance of end to end Patriot systems architecture, requirements, tactical software, production and test engineering, development integration and test, radar modes development, and firmware development. This role will partner with the Romania Program Manager, Romania Chief Engineer, European Programs leadership, Patriot Product Line (PPL) Chief Engineers, and Lead Systems Engineers to ensure flawless engineering execution.
- The SE CPT lead will lead and mentor a large team of engineers with a broad range of skills consisting of systems engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering, mission assurance, and configuration management. The SE CPT lead will be responsible for ensuring engineering activities are consistent and complete across a BMC4I, Radar and Missile products and production efforts.
- The SE CPT lead is responsible for interpreting the priorities of the product line program manager and directing the team to best meet those priorities. This includes management of other stakeholders to ensure overall product line success.
- The SE CPT lead is responsible for SE Proposal and Basis of Estimate (BOE) Development, SE Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development and maintenance, Earned Value (EV) reporting, and SE Estimates at Complete (EAC) development.
- The SE CPT lead is responsible for communicating with the product line customer the state of development, sustainment, and test activities that are in work within the SE CPT.
- Requires domestic travel to Raytheon and customer locations.
- 10+ years of engineering experience with software and hardware using power systems, electrical components, and software and hardware interface design and verification.
- Experience leading multiple engineering disciplines.
- Experience leading large engineering teams.
- Systems engineering experience including requirements development, allocation, design implementation, test planning and requirements verification.
- Experience with development and sustainment activities.
- Experience with transitioning from development to production activities. Must understand the fundamentals of standing up a production line.
- Experience leading teams through Programmatic SE Gate Reviews (e.g. Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR) or Test Readiness Review (TRR)).
- Proven experience with leading teams, influencing, communicating difficult technical information to leaders or customers, building team relationships, and communicating with senior technical leadership.
- Excellent presentation skills, meets schedule milestones, and able to build a collaborative team and work in a matrix environment.
- Earned Value (EV) certification required.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance.
Required Education (including Major):
- System of System Engineering fielding experience with multiple systems on different development / integration timelines.
- Experience with Systems of Systems and System Performance Analysis.
- Experience with Concept of Operations (CONOPS) development and working with warfighters
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Physics, Science or related discipline
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.