Raytheon supports a mission critical full life-cycle Enterprise IT Services contract, which includes strategic initiatives, establishing policies, providing governance, defining IT solutions and delivering IT capabilities through innovation, transformation, and collaboration. Raytheon is looking for cleared, industry leading IT professionals to deliver innovative, mission critical IT capabilities and services in support national defense.
Systems Integrator-SME is responsible for maintaining integrity of systems by defining requirements architecture, consistent with the Enterprise Architecture (EA) and interfaces. Plan, implement, test, document & maintain solutions to total systems or subsystems using internally created and/or commercial off-the-shelf products. Provide end-to-end project management support of the life cycle. Provide a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies & requirements of hardware and software components. Coordinate with other team members and ensures problem solution, appropriate risk reduction, and user satisfaction. Recommend, if needed, test and evaluation strategies for major systems' installations.
Analyze, design, test & evaluate network systems such as satellite networks, LANs, WANs, the Internet, intranets & other data communications systems ranging from a connection between two offices in the same building to globally distributed networks, voice mail & e-mail systems of a multinational organization. Perform network modeling, analysis & planning including research related products and make necessary hardware and software recommendations.
Install, configure & support an organization's LAN, WAN and Internet system or a segment of a network system. Maintain network hardware and software. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate & implement network security measures.
Ensure that adequate and appropriate planning is provided for hardware and communications for facilities. Prepare engineering plans and site installation technical design packages. Coordinate the analysis, acquisition and installation of hardware and software. Manage efforts of a staff engaged in facility additions, moves or changes including analysis, telecommunications (LAN, WAN, voice, video) planning, cabling, IT requirements, etc. Perform site surveys. Assess and document current site network configuration and user requirements.
* Identify and analyze all or part of a component’s existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems
* Establish functional and technical specifications and standards, solve hardware and software interface problems, define input / output parameters, and ensure integration of the entire systems or subsystem
* Work with other engineers, systems analysts, programmers, technicians, scientists and top-level managers in the design, testing, and evaluation of systems
* Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system, and make purchase recommendations
* Provide frequent contact with customers, traceability within program documents, and the overall computing environment and architecture
* Manage and update a master schedule
* Ensure coordination and information flow between program and organizational managers
* Estimate software-testing costs and schedule
* Prepare milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system test and evaluation concept
* Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components
* Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
* Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
* Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware
* Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records
* Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
* Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements
* Monitor network performance
* Train people in computer system use
* Load computer tapes and disks, and install software and printer paper or forms
* Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements
* Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records
* Research new technology, and implement or recommend implementation
* Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs
* Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel to facilitate purchases
* Provide direct support to the program manager(s) with relationship to the Customer cloud activities
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* Help Desk/Support experience (specific computer languages, systems or technologies, expertise with the subject matter or technology outweighs the number of years of experience, especially with emerging technologies.), commensurate with education, as outlined below
* Ability to mentor or train other team members and share expertise within and across contracts, organizational boundaries and with customers
Experience with the following software, tools & technology:
* Administration – Cisco Systems CiscoWorks; Element management software; Network management software; Network shutdown software
* Configuration Management – Application management software; Automated installation software; Patch and update management software; Systems and applications migration software
* Network monitoring – Ethereal; Multi-router traffic grapher MRTG software; Veritas NerveCenter; ZABBIX software
* Network security or VPN management – Intrusion prevention system IPS software; Network and system vulnerability assessment software; OpenService Open NerveCenter; Security incident handling software
* Transaction security and virus protection – Encryption software; Packet filter software
* Ping software, Root kit detection software
* Cable accessories – Cable verifiers; Interferometers – Optical spectrum analyzers; Network analyzers – Asynchronous transfer mode ATM analyzers, Bit error rate BER testers; Synchronous optical network SONET analyzers, T-Birds; Power meters – Powerline monitors; Protocol analyzers
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline
* Doctorate plus 8 years' experience; Masters plus 10 years' experience; Bachelors plus 12 years' experience ; Associate plus 14 years' experience; High School/GED plus 16 years' experience
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
*** U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph Security Clearance is required. ***
Position is contingent upon contract award and may be filled by Team Raytheon members
This position requires a US person
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.