Reporting to the IIS Software Engineering Director, the Deputy Software Engineering Director will provide leadership to a team of 1700+ Software Engineers throughout IIS. The successful candidate will have an extensive background in the development of software-based systems for the US Intelligence Community and will act as the primary point of coordination across those programs for Software within IIS. The Deputy Director will also support the front end of the business by reviewing and approving software bids, will be responsible for the cost, schedule, quality and technical performance for all software development and maintenance programs and will facilitate the deployment of Corporate and IIS Engineering initiatives to improve the efficiency and software quality on all IIS programs.
· Management and mentoring for a 1700+ Software engineering organization including a Software Organization staff of 20 Software Department Managers / Software Technical Leads.
· Support new business capture by reviewing bids for any new contracts, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Rough Order Of Magnitudes (ROMs) and Non-Binding Budgetary Estimates (NBBEs) assuring that the solution being proposed is fact / metric based, is compliant and meets the price to win.
· Generation of an executable plan for all software development and maintenance tasks.
· Oversight of the software cost, schedule and quality on the IIS software development and maintenance programs (50+), including analysis and approval of the rationale for the software Estimate At Completes (EACs).
· Act as the primary delegate for the Software Directory when he is unavailable.
· Review of the technical solution for software bids to ensure extensibility and compliance with system requirements, Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) and Technical Performance Measures (TPMs).
· Analysis and approval of software risks and opportunities and associated risk mitigation and opportunity capture plans for software bids and Estimate at Completes (EACs).
· Participation in Color team reviews, Gate reviews and independent assessments.
· Deployment and oversight of Corporate and IIS Engineering Organizational initiatives.
· Generation of a weekly status report detailing software highlights and key employee accomplishments
· Special projects as assigned by either the Software Director or Engineering Vice President
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other relevant technical discipline.
· 14+ years of experience working in the software development industry.
· 5+ years of experience as a Department / Line Manager.
· 5+ years of experience as a SW Program / Task Manager or Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead.
· Ability to lead / manage a large group of engineers (1700+).
· Ability to manage, train and mentor 20 Software Functional Organization staff.
· Ability to provide senior oversight on a large number of software development and maintenance programs (50+)
· Experience working on proposals including a demonstrated ability to prepare metric / fact based cost estimates, delivery schedules, and technical solutions to meet the price to win.
· Experienced Cost Account Manager (CAM).
· Experience developing / reviewing Basis Of Estimates (BOEs).
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Familiarity with Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) process standards.
· Experience with the Agile development and Continuous Integration methodology / process.
· Current in the technologies, methodologies, processes and tools used in the software industry with a demonstrated track record of deploying these on programs.
· Command & Control / Mission Planning domain knowledge.
· Existing TS/SCI security clearance.
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other relevant technical discipline.
· Experience bidding and oversight of Firm Fixed Price (FFP) programs.
· Experience working on International programs.
· Knowledge and experience with the principles of DevOps.
· Experience working on a program using a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
· Experience dealing with Information Assurance and Cyber
Location must be Richardson or Aurora
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 126025
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.