Do you enjoy tackling technical problems no one has solved before?
Do you want to join a team that thrives on diversity of thought and innovative ideas?
If you answered “Yes”, then the Raytheon Systems Verification Test and Analysis Directorate (SVTAD) is interested in you. Our elite team integrates complex technology, debugging and resolving interface issues as we produce, demonstrate and deliver state-of-the-art software for areas including radars, command and control platforms, missile systems and cyber defense. As an integrator you will learn the design principles of new systems by attending design reviews to determine their architecture, operations and interfaces. As a Systems Engineer I you will design specialized technical testing to demonstrate system performance to our customers, typically including live fire testing in the field. Join a world class team of Tech Support and Systems Engineers who are building defense technologies to make the world a safer place. Explore some of the systems you may be working with as a member of our team.
Ballistic Missile Defense:
Air and Missile Defense Radar:
Opportunities currently exist in SVTAD's Seapower and Sensor Systems (SSS) department in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. SSS provides expertise in the integration, validation, and sell-off for various, principally naval, domestic and international defense programs in IDS. SSS engineers are involved in all phases of the Product Development life cycle. In Rhode Island, some of the Undersea and Surface Navy programs that SVTAD SSS supports are the AN/AQS-20A Mine-hunting Sonar, Advanced Mine Neutralization System (AMNS), Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Variable Depth Sonar (VDS), and Zumwalt Class Destroyer.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments that directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters!
The Undersea and Surface Ship Programs has multiple Engineering positions to support various programs, responsibilities may include:
Note: This position can be Salary Grade G06 or G07, based upon the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Develop and execute system integration and verification plans, procedures and reports.
- Plan and schedule project tasks to successfully complete system selloff.
- Debug system issues, generate trouble reports and drive resolution to ground working with development team.
- Perform tasking in lab, office, or shipboard environment.
- Interface with Navy or other customer team.
- Provide solutions, investigate, and verify fixes for issues found during shipboard integration and testing.
- Participate in daily operation and maintenance, growth, and maturation of systems.
- Travel to support program requirements as needed.
- Minimum of 18+ months of Engineering experience with Integration and Test and/or Operation of Domestic (DoD) or Foreign Defense Systems.
- Experience with Naval Surface Ship or Undersea (Mine, Sonar, Submarine, Torpedo, UUV) Operation, System Integration and Test, and/or Development.
- Strong test background in all aspects of a major test program and/or understands the fundamental aspects of development and execution of a test program.
- Experience with planning and effectively executing plans and solutions on systems.
- Active US DoD Secret or Above Clearance.
- Experience with Naval Ship Post Delivery Test and Trials/CSSQT.
- Experience with INSURV.
- Experience working with complex software systems and troubleshooting network systems.
- Experience with Naval Surface/Undersea Operations to include DDG-1000 or AEGIS.
- Experience with Naval Anti-Air Warfare (AAW) (including Missile Exercises), Land Attack Warfare (LAW), Strike, Undersea Warfare, C4I, CEC.
- Experience with SM-2, ESSM, and Tomahawk Missiles Operation or Development.
- Experience with Sonar or Radar Program Operation or Development.
- Experience with Unmanned Undersea Vehicle (UUV)/Torpedo Program Operation or Development.
- Live Fire Test and Evaluation Experience (including Total Ship Survivability Trials).
- US Naval Veteran with surface shipboard operational experience.
- Experience planning and executing shock test events
- Experience planning and leading small teams (5 to 10 engineers).
- Strong background in analytical thinking.
- Experience with DoD or foreign customers.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, lean, and process improvement methods.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.What’s YOUR Mission?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field;
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
"Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.