General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Applies basic pipefitting processes to join, surface, fabricate, repair, or replace piping systems.
1. Applies basic pipefitting processes to join, surface, fabricate, repair, or replace piping systems (steel, cuni, etc.).
2. Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, charts, or work orders.
3. Uses measuring tools and related equipment to target and fit piping.
4. Sil-brazes cuni pipe.
5. May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications.
6. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
1-3 years of related pipefitting experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Technical or vocational training preferred.