General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Sys admin senior
Combination of Close Support and Server Administration. Responsible for 140 user accounts, and complete group changes in both Active Directory and Lotus Notes. Multiple buildings each with Cisco managed switches and Comsec equipment. Duties include systems installation, integration and maintenance services for voice and data communications systems. Handling this variety of responsibilities requires excellent communication skills, a firm understanding of technical requirements, and the ability to work closely with other professionals.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.