General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Location: Herndon, VA
The Cloud Engineer is responsible to develop and maintain high visibility cloud-based IT systems. Provides support for development in or transition to the cloud, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Manages system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client problems.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Technology used in this occupation
Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
AWS Identity & Access Management (IdAM)
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
REST Queries and Services
TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.