1-3 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
The Enterprise Monitoring Team will monitor Services across the IT infrastructure.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and communication skills needed to create instructions, respond to inquiries, and relay instructions to others.
- Familiar with broad technical areas which might include: networking, servers/virtualization/storage, Linux/Unix, Windows, information security.
- Working knowledge of enterprise hardware, software, operating systems, and peripherals.
- General knowledge of business continuity dependencies and recovery procedures for operating systems and application backups and restores.
- General system maintenance and troubleshooting skills, including software and hardware; networking, installations, patches, scans, updates, backups, wiring, virus protection and error resolution.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and teamwork.
- Possess and demonstrates strong customer service skills; including conflict resolutions and customer interactive listening skills.
- Must be self-directed, detailed oriented, organized and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to multi-task and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of best practice security standards and techniques.
- Support incident/problem management resolution activities to include technical exchange meetings, after actions reports, major incident response, daily service incidents, and escalation to the problem management team.
- Support Quality Assurance analysis for incident management tickets and reports.
Must possess current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition, must attain the required ITIL Foundation v.3 and ITIL Service Operation Intermediate Certification within sixty (60) days of Hire Date.
Requires successful completion of poly.
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.