Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) Support Joint Operations Training Analyst, Tactical Training Group Atlantic (TTGL) (Job Number:441320)
The Engineering, Integration, and Mission Solutions (EIMS) Market Segment, in support of the Defense Systems Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for a Ballistic Missile Defense subject matter expert to provide support to the U.S. Fleet Forces (USFF) Ballistic Missile Defense Exercise (BMDEX) training program. The qualified candidate will provide direct assistance to Carrier Strike Group FOUR (CSG 4) and Tactical Training Group, Atlantic (TTGL) as a Senior Training Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the development, implementation, execution and assessment of the training program and requirements to support BMDEX. The candidate must be knowledgeable in both Maritime Ballistic Missile Defense operations and systems, as well as Joint Ballistic Missile Defense operations and systems.
Training SMEs are highly-skilled persons with knowledge gained over years of experience at senior levels. They promote greater information sharing for staffs and stakeholders. They provide realistic as well as reliable, consistent support and well-developed recommendations to various audiences in training and real world events. They will maintain the integrity of the training objectives, and maintain a knowledge base that is consistent with the requirements that cover the full spectrum of the listed Functional Area duties. SMEs serve as the catalyst for developing and evaluating requirements. They provide the expertise and insight to support programs and leaders at all levels, including very senior levels, civilian and military sectors. They are experienced subject matter experts in their fields of expertise.
The ideal candidate for this position is a former mid-grade U.S. Naval Officer with at least one tour of duty on a BMD-configured AEGIS Cruiser (CG)/Destroyer (DDG) or a former mid-grade U.S. Army Officer with at least one tour of duty with a PATRIOT or Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Battery. In addition, he/she will have excellent public speaking, presentation, and time management skills, as well as at least three years of applicable
Training SME experience in:
- Conducting fleet training analyses to identify gaps, training needs, and solutions
• Developing and modifying training event/exercise scenarios and curricula
• Delivering training in person and/or online
• Developing training curricula
• Managing training projects
• Designing custom training to meet Fleet and Joint training objectives
Specific Functional Area duties include:
- Provide subject advice and expertise on evolving defensive systems and ensure that the BMDEX program is aligned with USN warfare training system processes, Navy Warfare Training System (NWTS) processes and the Fleet Training Continuum (FTC).
• Develop lessons learned from exercise results, including assessment of Navy Mission Essential Tasks (NMET), and provide these findings to the Government no later than on week following the completion of each event.
• Assist in the development, review and delivery of expert academic and operational instruction in BMD systems, TTP, doctrine and best practices to fleet personnel. This may include hardware and software configuration. This instruction also includes academic and synthetic training provided to AEGIS Ashore teams that deploy to locations within the EUCOM AOR. This instruction may periodically involve travel.
• Assist with BMD/ FST coordination, execution and scenario development and integration of live/virtual/constructive (LVC) simulations into representative real world scenarios. Contractor shall provide expert knowledge of the Joint Warfare Training System (JWTS), joint training team (JTT), NWTS and NMETs.
• Provide assistance to USN stakeholders with identifying BMD related issues for agency, joint and coalition counterparts, and with developing government stakeholder training system requirements.
• Provide shipboard and warfare commander mission critical watch teams with progressive, advanced and challenging BMD distributed training scenarios that stress TTPs, facilitating rehearsal and refinement of established procedures.
• Assist government representatives in coordinating, execution and assessment of BMD exercises in the live and synthetic training environment including assimilation of BMDEX events into the FST program.
• Assist in briefing senior USN leadership on exercise design and lessons learned findings.
• Assist government representatives in scheduling BMD exercises enabling fleet BMD-capable ships to meet readiness requirements.
• Assist government representatives in creating, reviewing, and publishing all appropriate documents necessary to conduct an advance phase BMDEX. This includes TTGP-led BMDEX events.
• Maintain the TTGL BMD CAS page.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- U.S. citizen with Secret clearance and Bachelor of Arts or Science degree.
• Active military duty experience as an AEGIS Tactical Action Officer, knowledgeable in SPY-1 B/D operations, or as an Air Defense Artillery Fire Control Officer (ADAFCO), knowledgeable in Patriot or THAAD operations, and an expert in BMD.
• Six (6) years of applicable technical and general Training SME experience (eight years in lieu of degree will be considered).
• Three (3) years of applicable Training SME and Functional Area experience (see detailed tasks above) with BMD requirements, specializing in maritime force capabilities.
• Must possess proven written and verbal communication skills at the junior management and senior executive level, and be able to act independently.
• Must be willing to travel overseas and in CONUS up to 10 percent of the time.
- Knowledgeable in data entry, operations, and products associated with the AEGIS Mission Planner (AMP).
• Familiarity with entering and evaluating the effectiveness of SPY radar doctrine.
• Familiarity and solid understanding of the Navy Composite Warfare Commander (CWC) concept with strong knowledge of air defense, BMD, and Navy strike warfare.
• Experience at the instructor/evaluator level on a strike group or Numbered Fleet Command staff or equivalent DoD staff involving synthetic BMD mission planning and execution.
• Significant experience with FST utilizing the Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) to conduct scenario development and integration of LVC capabilities into a realistic training environment.
• Recent experience in joint and naval exercises, war gaming, and exercise/event planning.
• Experience as a Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF) operator.
- **Current DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI eligibility REQUIRED. ***
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 23, 2018, 7:38:33 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job