Technical Writer (VG00009) (Job Number:441111)
This is a technical writer position on Vanguard 2.2.1 supporting the Information Technology Infrastructure (ITI) Directorate. The Technical Writer will provide technical writing, editing, and formatting services. Typical documentation includes, but is not limited to: processes; standard operating procedures; project documentation; systems and software documentation; and white papers. This position will require significant interaction with Vanguard 2.2.1 contractor staff and limited interaction with Department of State government employees.
Description of Duties:
- Use approved program templates, style guide, and other materials to produce high quality documents.
- Take verbal and written technical input from multiple sources and develop logical and well- structured documentation, either as a consolidated document or a set of related documents.
- Elicit content from stakeholders including technical, administrative, and management staff.
- Participate in document review and revision with document stakeholders.
- Ensure document content conforms to program standards and the Document Management process.
- Ensure all assigned document requests are delivered on or before the schedule due date.
- Work independently or with other members of the technical writer team (as required) to complete documentation tasks.
- Minimum of three years of technical writing experience.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint 2010).
- Familiarity with information technology systems and computer terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- ITIL® v3 Foundation certificate.
- Experience in technical writing specifically for information systems and information systems security.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Work Location: Springfield, VA (TOATS)
U.S Citizenship Required? Yes
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or a related field and 3+ years of experience or 7+ years' of experience in lieu of degree.
- SECRET (Active)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 23, 2018, 8:29:48 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job