Information Assurance Officer (Job Number:441178)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains knowledge of applicable policies, regulations, and compliance documents related to Department of Defense computing assets and environments.
- Provides input and guidance in interpreting regulations as they apply to information systems, platforms, and IT operating processes, practices and procedures.
- Participates in the design, development and implementation of programs, procedures and systems for secure systems; ensures system compliance with requirements for classified information system processing.
- Assist with drafting, reviewing, editing, and recommending guidance for Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) documentation, and assisting the Information Technology team and Government Customer with operating, documentation, and compliance within Risk Management Framework (RMF) standards.
- Implements security techniques and protocols in hardware, software, data, and procedures.
- Participates in assessing and mitigating system security threats and risks.
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies, provide configuration management and accurately assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system.
- Supervise and manage the application of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to servers, applications, and network devices.
- Supervise and/or conduct security compliance scans and compliance tracking using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Nessus Vulnerability Scanner, and Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional.
- Manage remediation actions and Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) updates
- Must be able to think and perform with minimal guidance once direction from management is given.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required Qualifications & Knowledge
- Typically requires a Technical diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 5 or more years of progressive professional experience in information assurance or a related field.
- Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Active DoD SECRET security clearance or eligibility to reactivate clearance is required.
Must have previous experience with the following technologies:
- Linux, Windows, and Cisco
- Must have a strong background in Systems, Network, and Security Administration.
- Current Network+, Security+, and A+ or equivalent IAT I & II DOD8570.01
Baseline Certifications or higher are required for consideration.
- This position requires a DOD 8570.01 IAM II or IA SAE I/II baseline certification (CISSP, CAP, CASP, CSSLP, CISM, GSLC).
- Candidate must have a current CISSP or equivalent, or ability to earn certification within 90 days.
- Ability to balance system functionality and security with mission accomplishment as their goal.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with some supervision and to work independently once direction is given.
- Knowledge and understanding of DoD and U.S. Army Cybersecurity policies and Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time- management skills: multitasking, working individually and with a team, having a positive attitude, being self- motivated and reliable, being trustworthy, having strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, and being able to handle stress in a professional manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Desired Qualifications & Knowledge
- Candidates should have hands-on experience with the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), and implementation of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Working experience and knowledge in networking to include one or more of the following: IPv4/IPv6, VLAN, routing protocols, QoS, NAC/NAP 802.1x, VoIP, Proxy Services, VTC, remote access, performance and protocol analyzer, IPSec.
- Previous experience administering DoD information systems, Army Mission Command Systems, or similar types of information systems.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 23, 2018, 9:15:11 AM
Primary Location: United States-GA-FORT BENNING
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job