The Raytheon Warfighter Visualization Center (WVC) goal is to empower customers to jointly develop, visualize, and demonstrate innovative new solutions within immersive interactive environments. The WVC focuses on advanced visual and audio technologies to drive customer intimacy and shape requirements. We are looking for an energetic, innovative, independent, self-starter for this position.
This WVC Audio-Visual (AV) position is located in Huntsville, AL. The AV Leads primary responsibility is to ensure the WVC AV software and hardware systems are operationally ready to use to support meetings, presentations, demonstrations and customer engagements. Support will also include connectivity to remote and share and display multiple media content between sites. The AV position will be the prime point of contact for IT related issues, including networking, security, hardware maintenance, WVC infrastructure and WVC software tools. This AV candidate will be knowledgeable in all WVC internal processes and support the execution of WVC engagements from initial request through closeout. Additional responsibilities include collaboration with the WVC staff and others to evolve and support the WVC Customer Engagement and Program Support use cases.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Participate in planning for all events with the Customer Engagement Lead and event organizers to define AV needs/requirements
- Actively contribute to the development and execution of strategies as well as capacity planning to meet future A/V and business needs
- Coordinate and lead dry run of presentations and own the troubleshooting/resolution of any problems
- Provide end to end event day support (setup / shutdown and all technical support)
- Manage with vendor relationship with the A/V vendors, stay knowledgeable of AV contracts and supervise installations by 3rd party vendors
- Provide routine maintenance and storage of equipment e.g. microphones, peripherals, etc
- Collaborate A/V service owners to establish and enforce proper A/V practices and procedures
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or a Master degree and 2 years or related experience.
- Relevant experience in PC technical and networking (local area and wireless) support
- Must have prior experience in large, complex meeting support for both video and audio conferences
- Strong technology troubleshooting skills with the ability to resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrated capability to troubleshoot and support audio-visual systems
- Strong customer service attitude and initiative. Must be comfortable interacting with Senior leadership and Customers
- Demonstrated ability to perform in high pressure situations and performing a wide range of activities concurrently
- Capable of generating handbooks, guides, equipment and systems CONOPS, interaction network and functional diagrams
- Define and document AV / IT processes and procedures
- Interim DoD Secret clearance to start. US Citizenship status required as this positon needs active US Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Advanced audio-visual systems integration experience
- Superior listening, oral and written communication skills
- Technical writing and Project management experience preferred
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.