Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) seeks a Systems Integration and Test Engineer who will perform integration and test of systems for a variety of government missions. This systems I&T engineer will collaborate with other systems engineers and software/hardware/FPGA engineers to integrate and test new systems well as troubleshoot, enhance and maintain existing systems. In addition, this engineer will perform the installation and field test of new technology systems in customer facilities to ensure customer mission success.
The highly qualified candidate is a self-starter, has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and works effectively and collaboratively in a team environment. She/he has a strong work ethic and is flexible and adaptable in order to respond to mission critical needs as they arise. The successful candidate will integrate and test complex systems with many interacting software components/applications. In addition, he/she will be assigned tasks in areas including system and network administration, software installation and configuration, and virtualization. As needed, the candidate is able and willing to travel to perform work at customer facilities.
Examples of work:
- Develop, sustain and manage configurations of infrastructure (e.g. servers, software applications and tools) for continuous integration, automated build and test execution
- Design and implement software scripts to automate tests for build, regression, integration, stress, load, and/or performance testing
- Install and configure software and systems for engineering development lab environments as well as for support of customer/field deployments
- Configure and operate test equipment to generate input test signals and record output test data
- Develop troubleshooting tools/utilities for integration, test, and deployment efforts
- Develop and document test plans; develop and execute test procedures; document test results
- Troubleshoot and debug defects discovered during integration and test phases, and in the field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in engineering and product development
- Experience with integration and/or test
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills
- The willingness and ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience in the various phases of the systems/product development life cycle
- Experience in the development and deployment of products and systems, including involvement with integration and test of software, hardware and FPGA-based components and subsystems
- Understanding of communications signal processing including the following areas: RF communications, optical communications, propagation, receivers, modulation and demodulation
- Experience in development and implementation of digital signal processing algorithms, application software and embedded software for hardware platforms
- Experience installing and configuring software
- Experience configuring and operating test equipment
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging defects
- Knowledge and experience with antennas, RF propagation and receivers
BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent 126172
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.