The Mechanical Subsystem Directorate is seeking an Engineering Technical Support Specialist in the Mechanical Design Integrity Department. The candidate will perform a wide variety of tasks in support of the engineering and manufacturing organizations. They will solve routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures under general direction or supervision.
Engineering Technical Support Specialists will be required to perform a wide variety of technical tasks in support of the engineering team related to engineering documentation and documentation control, quality control, procedures, prototyping, assembly, inspection and test. May test, troubleshoot, repair, maintain or install a wide variety of electronic, electromechanical, and mechanical, computer, laboratory and scientific systems and/or equipment. May assist in the development of procedures and processes. May select, set up and operate engineering and scientific equipment. May observe, analyzes and report test data; and when appropriate make necessary repairs to equipment. Utilizes various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of their tasks. Will be involved in configuration/data management activities. Checks for work correctness. May assist in directing work, assigning and outlining tasks. Candidate may also be responsible for training/mentoring junior Technical Support personnel.
The ideal candidate possesses strong organizational and communications skills, an ability to multitask and prioritize a wide range of support responsibilities, the capacity to work accurately with an attention to detail, and an ability to take initiative.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to the engineering team on all assignments, and supports other departments with miscellaneous assignments as instructed by direct supervision
- Create and process objects in the common Product Data Management (cPDM) tool
- Track objects through the release cycle and follow up on inquiries
- Proofread and edit presentations and documents
- Manage information flow to team members
- Daily interaction with other teams, programs, and Business Units to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: technical support, manufacturing/test/design engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office
- Achieving/exceeding cost, quality, delivery, safety goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
- Keeping supervisor appraised of all unresolved and/or potential problems that would negatively affect schedules or quality
- Effective interpersonal, communication and networking skills, ability to work well with others including customers and suppliers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to learn and use internal tools
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, memos, policies, procedures, guidelines and other similar documents
- Willingness to learn and adapt to a dynamic environment
- Ability to obtain secret clearance, with US Citizenship
Required Education: Minimum of six years of industry experience with a High School Diploma, or four years of experience with an Associate’s Degree.This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Business Unit Profile:Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 14,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.Key elements of our growth include our strong commitment to the global marketplace and our superior employee benefits package, including: Medical, Dental and Vision available on Day 1, Holiday time, Paid time off (PTO), 9/80 work schedule (Every other Friday Off!), 401K with match, Employer Contributed Retirement Income Savings, Employee Discounts, Performance Sharing, Educational Assistance, Continuous Learning and much more.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Motivated Self-Starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced team environment
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Team player with a desire to help others
- Associates Degree in STEM related field
- Ability to work in a team environment with timely problem resolution utilizing a professional, positive, proactive attitude and a strong customer focus.
- Ability to recognize roadblocks/issues and elevate/suggest appropriate corrective action
- Working knowledge of:
- Schedules and budgets
- Product Data Management (PDM) software - Windchill
- 3D CAD software - Creo & Pro/Engineer
- 2D CAD software – AutoCAD
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Industry Practices and Standards related to design, drafting, and CAD modeling such as ASME, ANSI, and MIL
- Detailed drawings and other similar documents for the creation and preparation of engineering design documentation
- Machine shop and hand tools
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.