Tool Engineering is a career field that specializes in designing custom mechanical solutions to support manufacturing, assembly, machine tools, inspection, and test throughout the product lifecycle. Focus areas include assembly, automation, material handling, molds, gages, and assembly aids. Tool Engineers use computer aided design technology to generate 3-dimensional models and technical drawing packages. Tool Engineers are responsible for all aspects of designing, documentation, procuring and integrating assembly Tooling into a highly complex manufacturing environment. Tool Engineers oversee projects from development to implementation and strive to incorporate safe, ergonomic, error-proofed, and innovative solutions into the factory.
- Follow and Support established guidelines regarding drawing layouts and release procedures.
- Blue Print interpretation skills
- Ability to evaluate Tooling requests and conceptualize innovative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to perform Engineering Tolerance Analysis
- Must be able to generate presentations and reports using Microsoft Office products
- Basic Knowledge of Machine Shop practices
- Generate Technical Documentation to support Tooling proposals
- Ability to learn PTC Creo Parametric (CAD)
- Basic GD&T skills
- Able to create Basis of Estimates for new projects
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Previous Tool Design Experience
- Mold Design Experience (Compression, Injection, or RTM)
- Machine Design Experience
- Automation Design Experience
- Advanced CAD skills
- Machine Shop Experience
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending significant amounts of time in and around factory areas.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering Technology or Industrial TechnologyPlease upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at to determine if they meet qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.