The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Engineering Process and Execution team is seeking an experienced Senior Engineer to be the deputy to the Program Engineering Process and Execution Lead in either Indianapolis, Indiana or Dulles, Virginia.
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it:
As a Senior System Engineer on the Program Engineering Process and Execution team, you will serve as the Deputy to Program Engineering Process and Execution Lead. Senior System Engineer responsible will include but are not limited to:
- PE Tailoring Approval backup
- Lead Engineering Bid Review (EBR) and Engineering Program Review improvement projects
- Chair Technical Subcontract Management Certification Board
- Process TSM cert nominations
- Schedule and hold TSM boards
- Notify candidates of board results
- Maintain TSM cert list
- Maintain EPIC TSM processes and TSM training course
- Maintain TSM Nomination Form/TSM Curriculum
- Provide TSM/SSOW color team review support or subcontract after action review feedback (as needed)
- Perform Engineering Program Review(EPR)/EBR RShare site maintenance
- Maintain EPIC PE Process – write CRs, create/update/review/approve process documentation
- Review/Approve CMR/Historical Data Warehouse PE labor records
- Perform PE Estimation Library RShare site maintenance and data review
- Provide PE Support to programs (as needed) – day-to-day mentoring
- Plan, develop, pilot and maintain processes, and train personnel in the use of these processes.
- Lead projects independently under limited supervision
- Position may require some travel to support process implementation and improvement.
- Perform as IIS Lead Process and Tool Admin for the eTPCR tool
- Field IIS author/approver questions with Corp eTPCR process or tool
- Participate as a business rep on Corp eTPCR CCB
- Review/submit changes to Corp policy/process or tool
- Ensure eTPCR IIS approver list complies with VP Eng Delegation of Authority document Attachment C
- Coordinate, compile and prepare monthly Mission Area execution and performance data for senior Engineering leadership
- Backup to PE PEL for generating weekly PE Certification metrics and conduct of PE certification boards
- Sometimes provide guidance, coaching and training to Program Engineers
- Communicate across disciplines and external to Raytheon as needed.
- Responsible for recommending and making continuous improvements of processes to enhance PE performance.
- Solve difficult to complex problems using R6sigma. Problems typically involve consideration of multiple issues, job areas or specialties.
- This person works to achieve operational targets with significant and long-lasting impact on departmental results and contributes to the successful completion of major projects or processes.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearanceRequired Experience Knowledge, and/or Skills:
Desired Experience Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- 6+ years of experience
- Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communicator with all levels of management
- Ability to interface effectively within the organizational structure
- Self-starter and ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Good data hygiene/maintenance habits
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience as a Program Engineer or Pursuit Program Engineer
- Able to achieve Tier 1 Program Engineer Certification
- Experience achieving and maintaining a CMMI maturity level rating 3 or higher
- Leading the development of organizational tools and templates to guide program teams in implementing CMMI
- Leading cross functional initiatives, working with representatives from different parts of the business and building consensus
- Working in CMMI environment or a Quality Assurance Function
- Demonstrated ability to recommend process improvements
- IIS Tier 2 Program Engineer Certification with experience as an execution PE
- Ability to work effectively (adaptable and flexible) in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Experience as a quality or CMMI auditor or ASQC Certified Quality Auditor or has executed performance audits, inspections, quality reviews, root-cause analysis, and mapping process artifacts with process standards
- A knowledge of statistical methods and sampling techniques
- Have coordinated efforts of peers across the entire product/services realization life cycle to ensure that the projects meet stated standards
- Understanding of EPIC TSM FEOTB and execution processes
- Monitor and report process compliance
- Understanding of the Technical Publications Clearance Request Policy RP-91, RGEMS process and interactions between the two
- Rshare site generation and administration
Bachelor degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.