Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking an airborne electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) surveillance and targeting sensor system lead systems engineer (LSE) to provide leadership and hands-on development, systems integration and test support to the Multi-Spectral Targeting System (MTS) programs. This position is responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary engineering team developing, integrating, testing, qualifying, and producing an EO/IR sensor product. The LSE is responsible for ensuring the assigned team’s objectives are achieved on schedule, within budget, and consistent with quality and technical standards. The LSE oversees execution on all aspects of the design, development, integration, and test of system engineering’s work products, and may also have control account management (CAM) responsibilities. The Sensor System LSE will work closely with the Program Chief Engineer, and reports to the Program Manager.
- Minimum of 10 years airborne system design and/or systems engineering in a development environment.
- Experience with laboratory test, flight test, and qualification, of airborne systems.
- Demonstrated success in leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and in control account management.
- Experience leading derivation of component and product requirements from system level requirements, and analyzing system performance.
- Willingness to travel periodically in support of offsite testing.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills, experience interfacing with customer technical and program leadership personnel.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Airborne EO/IR hardware design and/or systems engineering in a development and production organization.
- Experience with developing and executing factory test plans, procedures, and equipment.
- Demonstrated production support, troubleshooting, and factory improvement initiative experience.
- Specific knowledge and prior experience with image processing electronics, optics, and cooled focal plane array integration.
- Prior experience as an IPT-L or Program Manager.
- Prior experience in technical supplier management.
- Experienced leading customer witnessed testing.
- Experience developing alignment and calibration of EO/IR sensing systems.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Math, or PhysicsDesired Education
: M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Math, or Physics 126508
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.