The Raytheon Precision Manufacturing (RPM) Supplier Quality (SQ) organization ensures that known good parts and services are received from the supply chain. We work collaboratively with RPM functional, Quality, & customer counterparts to ensure requirements flow down that will result in product that performs in the system/services that meet performance requirements. We conduct supplier oversight through requirements reviews, in-process and final inspection at supplier’s facilities, and perform ‘value-added’ incoming inspection at Raytheon to ensure compliance. We perform robust containment, root cause, corrective/preventive actions and validation of supplier caused defects and develop bids that support all of the Supplier Quality Activity.
This Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) position will provide Supplier Material Quality support within RPM.
- Interface across a matrix environment to determine requirements, develop plans for fulfilling the specific procured material requirements, while meeting the overall programmatic requirements
- Lead and support supplier assessment process planning and execution, such as supplier capability assessments and post-award reviews
- Participate on cross-functional supplier selection teams, advocating best value, technical solutions and suppliers which can best meet the overall quality requirements
- Identify and document supplier risk; develop mitigation plans to reduce, eliminate and prevent supplied product defects
- Lead containment activities associated with discrepant material, with assistance from functional stakeholders
- Initiate supplier corrective action process review, approval and monitoring; assure containment, closed loop Root Cause Corrective Action is obtained; communicate issue and resolution to functional stakeholders
- Lead and participate in multi-functional teams in process improvement activities using Raytheon Six Sigma quality tools.
- Minimum four (4) years work related experience in quality assurance
- Excellent verbal / written communications and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively persuade and influence through positive communications with stakeholders, team members, suppliers, management
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes to include (3 of 5 required)
- Casting & forging processes, procedures & equipment,
- Precision machining techniques, processes, & equipment,
- Special processes (plating/surface finishing, paint/hardware, welding/brazing, non-destructive testing techniques, heat treating)
- Measurement & inspection techniques
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Must have knowledge of Quality systems, ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9102, Statistical analysis processes and tools, Supplier Rating Systems and Supplier Assessment processes
- Knowledge of Supplier Management practices and processes
- Knowledge and experience in the effective use of Root Cause Corrective Action containment and analysis process and tools.
- Strong risk assessment and mitigation foundation (ex: Process FMEAs, Pre-Production Approval Process (PPAP), Key Product Characteristics (KPC), Statistical Process Control (SPC), First Article Inspection (FAI), Gage R&R, etc.)
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills for interaction at various levels of management
- Strong follow through and ability to develop practical solutions to a wide range of problems in quality systems, materials, and mechanical products
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge/experience with SAP (PRISM), or equivalent material requirements planning system
- Travel: Estimated 50 – 70% (domestic required/international desired)
Required Education(including Major): Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or Supply Chain Management
- 6 years work related experience in quality assurance
- Knowledge of assembly, integration and test operations
- ASQ certified: CQE or CQA
- Internal only: Mission Assurance Certification Program (MACP) Supplier Quality (SQ) Level 5
- Six sigma specialist qualified (Raytheon designation or equivalent)
- Candidates in this position should be able to resolve technical issues with respect to product processes, systems, and deliverables in engineering, supply chain and quality and at the supplier.
- Subcontract Management and Strategic Sourcing
This position can be a Sr Quality Assurance Engineer I or Sr Quality Assurance Engineer II based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for this position.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.