CYBERSECURITY / COMPUTER NETWORK DEFENSE SME
Raytheon Cybersecurity & Special Missions (CSM) provides cybersecurity and advanced intelligence solutions that strengthen our global customers' critical infrastructures, information systems and mission.
Raytheon supports a mission critical full life-cycle Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Services contract, which includes strategic initiatives, establishing policies, providing governance, defining IT solutions, and delivering IT capabilities through innovation, transformation, and collaboration. Raytheon is looking for cleared, industry leading IT professionals to deliver innovative, mission critical IT capabilities and services in support national defense.
The Cyber Security/Computer and Network Defense (CND) Subject Matter Expert (SME), concentrates on overall technical and operational effectiveness of capabilities in coordination with the COTR and Sponsor Staff management. Cyber Security SME for the Customer is responsible for providing recommendations on continuous improvement of the processes and architectures supporting the overall Cyber Defense operational activities including, but not limited to: analysis, incident handling and reporting products and the reporting lifecycle.
Ensures the effective operations of Customers IT systems and network defenses, providing effective incident response capabilities, usable and effective reports that address overall situational awareness. This individual works to maximize the use of existing tools to correlate information and synthesize data into usable and actionable events.
Identifies and provides an agile approach to the automation of any manual and inefficient process that exist across the cyber defense program and to work with the Sponsor to recommend and implement technical solutions designed to return time to mission.
JOB DUTIES /TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide recommendations for end-to-end analytical process
* Provide technical/ analytical recommendations for improvement to the Customer Cyber Defenders Team
* Provide training, mentoring and hands on help to raise the talent/skill level of Cyber Security Analysts
* Work with the Customer Analyst Lead/Lead Engineer to improve metrics for reporting
* Assist in indicator reporting
* Provide insight into lasts t threats and countermeasures
* Provide insight into industry trends and make recommendations on future direction for the program.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Cyber Security experience of progressive responsibility (specific computer languages, systems or technologies, expertise with the subject matter or technology outweighs the number of years of experience, especially with emerging technologies.), commensurate with education, as outlined below.
* Considerable knowledge of computing design concepts and implementation.
* Ability to identify new technologies and assess their technical and performance characteristics.
* Ability to create complex system designs, resolves engineering problems, and proposes preventive strategies.
* Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and project information clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Ability to write technical documents addressing complex, sensitive issues.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications and briefing skills.
* Experience with Information Assurance assessment tools
* Experience with Encryption technologies
* Experience with Identity and authentication technologies
* Ability to mentor or train other team members and share expertise within and across contracts, organizational boundaries and with customers
* Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other closely related IT or Cyber Security discipline
* Doctorate plus 8 years' experience; Masters plus 10 years' experience; Bachelors plus 12 years' experience; Associate plus 14 years' experience; High School/GED plus 16 years' experience.
* Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) Certification. May be obtained via ISC2 or similar type vendor
* Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
* Other applicable certifications
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
*** U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph Security Clearance is required. ***
Position is contingent upon contract award and may be filled by Team Raytheon members
This position requires a US person.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.