Would you like to work in a collaborative environment in Dulles? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
Our facility in Dulles, VA is a modern campus that offers an on-site cafeteria, large gym, as well as convenient access to a host of amenities in the Virginia/DC/Maryland metropolitan area and proximity to outdoor recreation in Shenandoah National Park and George Washington National Forest. Additionally, we offer employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, paternity leave, dental, vision, 401K match, and flexible work schedule - just to name a few.
When everything is connected, security is everything. That’s why Raytheon delivers solutions that protect every side of cyber for government agencies, businesses and nations. Protecting the most critical information, systems and operations with breakthrough solutions — to make the world a safer place. For everything cyber, click here:
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is currently seeking an individual to join the Cyber Security Engineering team for Cyber Security positions in Information Assurance supporting the development of custom solutions. Cyber Engineer professional to be a key contributor in the implementation of cyber engineering. This engineer will be involved throughout the full-lifecycle of the development program including CONOPs development, requirements development, architecture, design, integration, test, and certification of products.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Provide strategic thought leadership on identifying and implementing secure solutions and configurations
• Prioritize work effort for team members
• Define and implement one-time and long-term projects supporting Baseline cyber resilience
• Continually integrate Production Center Cyber Team with ongoing integration teams and assessment
• Generate and report on metrics
• Engineer secure solutions to implement and improve security tools in the enterprise
• Lead Cybersecurity assessments for major and minor upgrades to the WS baseline
• Coordinate test requirements with ISSM and independent test agency
• Address data-calls supporting ongoing operation of the test and integration suites
• Address cyber trouble tickets to assist the ISSM, fielding teams, and site security personnel in identifying appropriate cyber finding resolution
• Ensure on-going staff professional development and training for emergent technologies
• Advocate for security content in minor and major releases
• Perform Agile DevOps processes for cybersecurity
• Perform "hands on" technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS as well as custom developed products
• Prepare documentation to support Assessment & Authorization activities
• Lead/Support Security Test & Evaluation activities for program sell-off of security requirements
• Apply knowledge of current IA policies to the architecture and design of secure solutions
• Prepare for, write, and present trade studies, cost benefit analyses, reports and briefings as required
• Lead the Information Assurance team, coordinate with other disciplines and management, and perform tasks to ensure the successful accomplishment of the IA component of the overall program.
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with an active TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance.
• Experience as an Information Assurance program lead
• Meet the requirements as IA Manager (IAM) Level II, as prescribed by DOD 8570.1-M, Information Assurance Improvement Program as demonstrated by having one of the following DoD Approved Baseline Certifications:
-CISSP (or Associate)
• Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated experience related to Assessment and Authorization/Certification and Accreditation process and documentation including DIACAP and RMF
• Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated experience leading an Engineering team performing hardware/ software/system development, testing, and deployment
• Strong understanding of security design and architecture
• A self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing time in a dynamic environment
• Ability to work in a team environment and work collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines
• Experience with process development and deployment
• Demonstrated experience in the design and development of cloud-based systems, architectures and analytics development
Eight (8) years with a BS in Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related area; or Six (6) years with a MS in Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related area
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.