Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer (Senior Level) (Job Number:441283)
SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a senior level Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The senior level Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer will provide Afloat and Ashore RF engineering support to Carrier Strike Group (CSG), Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) Staff N6s and/or Command Ships, providing underway end-to- end C4I system support on U.S. Navy (USN) and Coalition ships.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or RF Engineering or four (4) years experience in lieu of degree. Bachelor’s degree may be substituted with experience with the operation and maintenance of Navy afloat and ashore radio systems.
- Four (4) years of direct working knowledge with the operation and maintenance of Navy satellite systems (e.g. NMT, WSC-6, CBSP).
- Four (4) years of direct working knowledge with the operation and maintenance of Navy line of sight systems (e.g. DMR, URT-23, URC- 131).
- Direct experience with frequency management and technical control of RF mediums between Navy platforms and terrestrial communication stations.
- System level engineering experience.
- System Support: Navy/Joint C2-COP: GCCS-M, NTCSS, JTIDS, LINK, TDL, TBMCS, CDLMS
- Tactical Networks: CANES, CENTRIXS, ISNS, ADNS, SCI, VOIP, NGEN Transport: NMT, SHF, EHF, A-TIP, DMR, NTCDL, BFTN, CBSP
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must possess an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI
- TS/SCI preferred
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2018, 11:10:07 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job