Mechanical Engineer/Analyst (Job Number:441242)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Mechanical Engineer, Analyst The Mechanical Engineer will be a member of a team providing hardware and software development, documentation and test support to the AMRDEC Simulation and Software Integration (S3I) Directorate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate will design, build, assemble and test electo-mechanical positioning systems, tactical and non-tactical electronics enclosure systems and test sets and participate in the installation of these systems and various prototype assemblies.
- Perform a variety of engineering tasks, either independently or under supervision, which are broad in nature and are concerned with the design and implementation of mechanical systems.
- Plans and performs engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering, and customer specifications.
- Responsible for working with a team of project managers, fellow designers, drafters, and engineers in support of the development of complex designs for electronic, electro-mechanical, or mechanical equipment after the initial design concepts have been developed along with project engineering staff.
- Develop requirements, designs, and prototypes and integrate the mechanical components on military systems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering. 2 years experience shall include a range of assignments directly related to the proposed area of responsibility.
- Must have a Working knowledge and experience in Structural Design and Analysis.
- Working knowledge and experience of Finite Element Methods and experience with thermal, shock and vibration analysis.
- Must be able to work independently to accomplish tasks as well as coordinate and communicate with other members of the design team, vendors and government customers to ensure program success.
- Experience with planning and preparing graphic presentations.
- Ability to apply ASME Y14 standards including the application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance to complete technical design packages.
- Ability to perform analysis and provide recommendations on test plans and procedures, test objectives, and test setup - especially shock, vibration, and thermal stress.
- Experience in fabrication work instruction generation.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fluid and dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented; have the ability to work quickly and accurately; be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing; be able to work with team members to accomplish team objectives on schedule; and be a self-starter with a high level of initiative and maturity.
- SolidWorks CAD experience; or with other related tools such as Pro-E, Solid Edge, etc.
- SolidWorks Simulation and CFD tool (Flow) experience.
- FEMAP experience.
- Working knowledge of Geometric- Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Working knowledge of military and DOD practices and standards.
- Working knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel tools.
- Matlab, Mathcad, Patran/Nastran, GFSSP composite materials design and fabrication
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2018, 9:25:32 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job