Mechanical Designer (Job Number:441366)
SAIC is seeking a Mechanical Designer on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Restore-L Mission at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Restore-L mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Satellite Servicing Project Division (SSPD) managed mission. Restore-L is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the Restore-L Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services. SSPD is responsible for the design, engineering, development, test and operations of the Restore-L Mission through an integrated team at GSFC.
• Provide conceptual and detailed design and drawing checking for mechanical parts, components, and subsystems for ground support equipment and flight hardware
• Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
• Provides direction to employees and coordinate activities with a Team Lead or responsible engineer on the Project.
• Will work independently on projects, but also integrate as part of a team of engineers and other designers.
• The designer must be able to work independently on projects, but also integrate as part of a team of engineers and other designers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 5+ years related experience.
• Knowledge of relevant technical and industry standards, i.e. knowledge of materials commonly used for aerospace, and understanding of industry fabrication techniques
• Strong CAD skills; knowledge of Pro-E/CREO, Solidworks
• Experience with spaceflight systems, components, and parts
• Ability to assess complex problems and propose practical solutions
• Direct, relevant experience and familiarization with NASA systems, i.e. CM – TDMS or Windchill, a plus
• Experience with NASA mechanical and mechanism design criteria and standard practice
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2018, 9:26:36 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-GREENBELT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job