full-time employee contract
ManTech is actively seeking talented professionals eager to “secure the future” supporting mission critical programs and solving some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation's security.
ManTech is seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Engineer/Certified Validator to support our growing programs on MCB Quantico, VA.
This is an opportunity to join a cutting-edge, dynamic, growing team that will have a direct impact on the Warfighter.
Must currently hold a TOP SECRET clearance with SCI eligibility
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
• Conducts technical self-assessments and independent verification and validation (IV&V) assessments aligned with Marine Corps policy. Applicable testing includes but not limited to; DoD approved automated tools (Kali Linux, ACAS, Wireshark, nMap), security readiness reviews, Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIGs) and manual security checklists.
• Applies Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) ratings and other applicable guidance in communicating characteristics and impacts of vulnerabilities to key stakeholders.
• Familiar with IC, DoD, Navy, and Marine Corps IA doctrine with validation experience
• Assists the Government in generating and maintain security documentation for system hardware and software, to include System Security Plans, equipment lists, practices, and procedures
• Assesses the performance of IA security controls within the IT projects
• Identifies IA vulnerabilities resulting from a departure from approved procedures and plans
• Evaluates potential IA security risks and take appropriate corrective, mitigation, and recovery actions
• Oversees that applicable patches are implemented, including IA vulnerability alerts (IAVA), IA vulnerability bulletins (IAVB), technical advisories (TA), and OPDIRs
• Researches, evaluates, and provides feedback on problematic IA trends and patterns in customer support requirements
• Performs system audits to assess security related factors within the IT project
• Maintains Host-Based Security System (HBSS) and Assured Compliance Assessment System (ACAS) software