Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is looking for Talented Principal Data Analytics Engineer (Metrics & Analytics) to join our Engineering Metrics & Analytics team in Dulles, Virginia.
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it:
As a Principal Data Analytics Engineer, you will report to Engineering Metrics & Analytics team lead. The Principal Data Analytics Engineer will work with a engineering program team, following Engineering processes, providing Subject Matter Expertise, and developing tools to support implantation of Data Quality Assurance Metrics and Data Analytics Framework, analysis of measures (KPIs), change requests, and follow-on contracts as well as supporting ongoing programs. The duties of this position require leveraging skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data analysis solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current SSBIThere is the potential for external candidates to receive a sign-on bonuses of up to $20,000 for hires with an active Top Secret clearance if hired on this requisition.
- Subject Matter Expert on Data Analytics concepts and methods
- Assist program teams with the proper use of IIS Metrics & Analytics methods
- Understand and implement Data Quality Assessment Methods and identify appropriate measures to reduce frequencies of defects
- Work with the Engineering leadership to affect change to ensure analytics tools, processes and metrics are effectively used to estimate new and ongoing program(s)
- Identify, configure and mentor on state-of-the-art visualization and analytics tools
- Support maintenance of historical data for use in proposals and for calibration of project measures
- Work to achieve operational targets with major impact on the departmental results
- Contribute to the development of team goals
- Work with Stakeholders to identify and resolve issues within data sets
- Solve problems and offer ideas to address internal client issues
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Bachelor degree and at least 8 years of experience as a Data Analyst and/or Data Engineer
- Ability to investigate and improve data collection and data analysis process
- Experience in building Dashboards for multiple business areas
- Experience in using visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, SAS)
- Demonstrated experiences conducting data analysis that involve complex technical parameters, acquisition and logistics requirements, schedule constraints, procurement and business principles and similar cost-influencing factors
- Experience in data cleaning/sanitizing/wrangling/massaging
- Experience in formulation of statistical models e.g., Regression, Decision tree, SVM, etc.
- Experience in R/Python or other programming languages
- Experience in using tracking tools e.g., JIRA, Rational Team Concert (RTC), QC, etc.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets (MS-Excel), PowerPoint, as well as Internet research tools
- Experience in development and presentation of training materials, status reports, and high-quality charts and graphs to visually demonstrate to senior-level personnel
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to influence and communicate with cross functional teams for knowledge share
- Ability to communicate with external vendors for state of the art tools and trainings
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong leadership skill including, but not limited to, guidance, coaching and mentoring other team members
Required Education (including Major):
- Ability to build dashboards in Microsoft Power BI
- Familiarity with Machine Learning/Deep Learning /AI Concepts
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience in writing SQL queries (SQL/PL SQL)
- Knowledge of configuration management
- Raytheon 6 Sigma Certification or industry equivalent
- Ability to work in an Agile environment and to readily adapt with changed priorities
- Familiarity with CMMI level 3 process areas
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other relevant fields. Masters preferable.IIS Bonus
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.