“Outside the box. Above the Earth. Beyond our wildest dreams. Our engineers are creating new possibilities in space.”
Raytheon Space Systems is currently in need for a Systems Engineering (SE) Team Lead for the Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS) Program. The mission of the SE Team Lead is to champion planning, coordination, and communication of the multidisciplinary/cross-functional team responsible for delivering the VIIRS Space Payload. The SE Lead is responsible for ensuring the assigned team’s objectives are achieved on schedule, within budget, and consistent with quality and technical standards. The SE lead oversees execution on all aspects of the systems engineering team’s work products.
Main job functions will be:
- Establishes thorough plan of execution to accomplish scope of work
- Works with the Chief Engineer to establish program organization, schedule (IMS) and milestones
- Responsible for total ownership of the day-to-day operation of the multidisciplinary/cross-functional team, ensuring the associated products are developed and delivered within the allotted cost, schedule, technical quality and performance parameters
- Supports tailoring of engineering processes commensurate with programs cost/schedule
- Works with Chief Engineer to ensure contract requirements satisfaction
- Coordinates with Control Account Managers (CAM) to provide detailed task description, budget and schedule requirements to each functional organization directly supporting the SE Team and tracks task status to closure
- Ensures early identification, communication and mitigation of technical, cost and/or schedule risks for all aspects of the Teams product scope
- Effectively communicates status to program and functional management including raising issues and risks as they are identified
- Collaborates with other Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and the Chief Engineer throughout program execution to ensure the team’s product supports meeting system level requirements
- Approves engineering products/deliverables: plans, requirements, designs, reviews, CDRLs
- Oversees the technical budget (KPP, TPM) at the product level
- Supports teammates and sub-contractors trades-studies and analysis and assists in make/buy decisions
- Direct experience and leadership in developing Electro-Optical Payloads for space missions
- Minimum 10 years (or minimum 8 years with Masters or PhD) of relevant engineering experience
- Strong communication skills with a history of interfacing with customers.
- Must have a strong ability to drive to closure issues, risks, opportunities, RCCAs
- Must be able to work problems and shape solutions with customers from both a tactical and strategic perspective
- Must be able to develop and leverage relationships with the Customer (internal and external)
- Experience leading complex programs or tasks
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Ability to access to US only data systems
- Technical understanding in payload operations and NASA/NOAA mission requirements
: Bachelor’s degree in STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)Desired Education:
Master’s or PhD in STEM field
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.