Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. In fact, we've produced over one million missiles in our history. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. Here at RMS, you will have every opportunity to grow to your full potential, with the advantages of world-class career development programs and outstanding real-life rewards.
The Senior Systems Engineer II (GNC Engineer) is responsible for conducting missile guidance, filtering, and missile performance optimization, and is a position for GNC engineers with experience in some combination of the following: guidance law development, state estimation, Kalman filtering, sensor fusion, trajectory shaping, path planning, miss distance performance optimization, kinematic and system trade studies, autonomy and collaboration, algorithm optimization, and Monte Carlo assessments with expected system disturbances.
Click the links below for more information:
Key Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Development of Missile Guidance Algorithms
- Development of State Estimators
- Coding of Missile Guidance Algorithms in Higher Order Computer Languages
- Development of Simulation Kinematics Models
- Analysis and Optimization of Missile performance both in simulation and flight test
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Other Requirements:
- BS degree from an ABET accredited institution in one of the following: Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Systems Engineering with six (6) years of applied work experience (MS degree and four years of experience or Ph.D. with two years of experience)
- Strong academic and analytical background with course work and independent research that includes a combination of digital and modern control systems, dynamics, Kalman filter design, or signal processing.
- Four (4) years of applied work experience with Matlab, C, C++, Object Oriented design
- Past use or familiarity with UNIX and LINUX operating systems as well as Microsoft products
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
- Must have an existing or the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret Security clearance. This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (comprehensive relocation package available)
Check us out on YouTube:
- Masters or Ph.D. in degrees listed above
- Optimal guidance theory, trajectory shaping, estimation theory, analysis of random processes, non-linear Kalman filters, particle filters
- Research and publications focused on the design and performance analysis of autonomous/collaborative air vehicles
- Knowledge of system engineering design methods including requirements analysis and flowdown, specification derivation and interface control documentation
- Airborne RADAR systems including RF signal processing and tracking algorithms
- Performance analysis by simulation including verification and validation techniques
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.