Would you like to work in a collaborative environment in Indianapolis, Indiana? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We Secure Every Side of Cyber!
When everything is connected, security is everything. That’s why Raytheon delivers solutions that protect every side of cyber for government agencies, businesses and nations. Protecting the most critical information, systems and operations with breakthrough solutions — to make the world a safer place. For everything cyber, click here:
Raytheon IIS is looking for Cybersecurity Engineers to drive cybersecurity tenets into designing and maintaining a wide breadth of military systems. This will include product hardening, software assurance, supply chain risk management, Assessment and Authorization, Vulnerability Analysis, and Penetration Testing
Typical responsibilities include:
- Performing general "hands on" security administration tasks on developmental & operational systems
- Preparing documentation to support Assessment & Authorization activities
- Preparing for, supporting & conducting Security Test & Evaluation activities for program sell-off of security-related requirements
- Providing administration support on security tools and network components
- Applying patches & implementing configuration changes to remediate vulnerabilities
- U.S. citizenship status is required as this position will require a clearance within 1 year of start date
- Knowledge of or experience in cyber security to include hardening security settings on servers, workstations, &/or network devices.
- Solid communications skills
- Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and work collaboratively with team members & leads
- Must have knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Windows system administration
- RHEL/Linux system administration
- Network/firewall administration
- Compliance scanning/vulnerability assessment
- Experience with process development and deployment
- Experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment including DoDI 8500.2 or ICD 503 guidelines, directives and security mandates like DISA STIGs, etc.
- Experience with cyber security projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients.
- Customer interfacing experience and skills
- Must hold a current approved DoD approved 8570 Baseline certification at the IAT II level, such as Security+, CISSP, GSEC, etc. or be able to earn a certification within 6 months
- Demonstrated experience in the design and development of cloud based systems, architectures and analytics development (Amazon Web Services, AWS)
- Experience with Tenable Nessus/Security Center/ACAS/EVSS; NASL (Nessus Attack Scripting Language) is a plus
- Experience with PKI, certificates, & 2-factor authentication
- Preparing for and conducting security testing for government witnesses
- Operating system hardening
- Experience with hardening COTS, FOSS, & custom components
- Developing/updating System Security Plans (SSPs) and supporting Certification and Accreditation documentation
- Installing security patches for vulnerability patching/remediation & DR work-off
- Supporting POAM definition & maintenance and mitigating identified vulnerabilities
- Familiar with systems engineering (SE), change management (CM), & system development life cycle (SDLC) processes
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math fields or a technical degree obtained within the past 18 months or by Aug 2019.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.