This job opportunity is for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) position at the Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) business unit in Indianapolis, IN. The ISSO supports the daily operations and successful execution of the Cybersecurity program and assets under their purview. Under the direction of the DoD Information System Security Manager (ISSM) or Alternate ISSM, the ISSO is expected to execute security requirements to include those outlined within the National Industrial Security Program Operations Manual (NISPOM) in alignment with Defense Security Services (DSS) oversight. Requirements include (but are not limited to) those outlined within the DSS Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM) and NIST Special Publications 800-37 and 800-53. The candidate should have a basic understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Continuous Monitoring (CONMON) activities. Some key activities of the ISSO include:
- Supporting the development of Assessment & Authorization (A&A) artifacts (SSP, SCTM, SSP supporting attachments, POA&M, testing documentation, Policies and Procedures, etc.)
- Participating in IA sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, vulnerability scanning and remediation, audit reviews, etc.)
- Conducting information system Self Inspection, Auditing, and Continuous Monitoring
- Interfacing with Internal/External Customers: ISSM, DoD Customers, Program Managers/Directors, IT, etc.
- Assisting with IA Training and Awareness and Incident Response
The ideal candidate possesses strong written and oral communications skills, technical knowledge, exemplary customer service skills, strong time management skills, the ability to creatively find solutions to complex challenges, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.Required Skills:
- US Citizen with an active Top Secret Security Clearance or current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Some prior experience in Information Systems Security/Information Assurance, Security Engineering, or IT Systems Administration
- Familiarity with the development of SSPs and/or supporting A&A documentation
- Experience with various information system security tools and functions that address vulnerability analysis and mitigation (i.e., ACAS, HBSS, STIGs, SCAP, Logs and LogRhythm, Anti-Virus/endpoint protection, patch management)
- Experience supporting various computer hardware platforms and multiple operating systems, both stand-alone and LAN/WAN configurations
- Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, UNIX, and Linux)
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment
- Able to work individually, as well as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes, and be able to author and present subject specific presentations (briefings)
- Must have the ability to effectively manage one’s time and be able to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Willing and able to travel to other locations as required on occasion
- Maintain an IAM Level I DoD 8570.1M compliant Professional Certification (i.e., Security+ CE, CAP, CISSP, GSLC)
Required Education (including Major):
- Prior ISSO/Information Assurance Officer (IAO) or alternate ISSO/IAO experience or System Administration experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, or related field of study OR 8 additional years of experience in lieu of education.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.