Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Title: Training Developer
Job Number: 1074717
KBR/KBRwyle is a leading professional services provider with an extensive portfolio of capabilities and decades of proven experience in the defence and government sectors. From small, specialist consultancies through to major long-term programs, we strive to go above and beyond expectations. We believe success is a product of strong relationships and unwavering integrity. We are proud of our well-earned reputation for not simply ‘talking the talk’: we walk the walk. When we say we’ll deliver – We Deliver.
Our incredible Modelling, Simulation and Training Solutions (MSTS) team do it all! From developing adaptive online learning tools, to creating fully detailed 3D models of complex equipment. From designing immersive VR and AR environments, to training workforces to use new enterprise systems seamlessly—MSTS helps people to do their job correctly, efficiently and safely.
About the role
We are seeking applications from experienced and enthusiastic learning and development professionals looking to further their technical training development career with the MSTS Team, in a Defence environment. Roles may be offered on either a full-time, fixed term or ongoing basis and represent
genuine opportunities within a high profile Defence training project.
As a Training Developer within KBR’s Modelling, Simulation and Training Solutions business, you will identify client needs and from that, design and develop interventions that produce viable outcomes from client concepts. To do this, you will work as part of a dynamic project team, conducting analysis, design and development of contemporary Defence Learning Management Packages (LMPs). This project has introduced new technologies and learning methodologies; such as virtual reality training and assessment applications.
This is a challenging role, which will require you to be an autonomous, high-performing self-starter, who offers well established training development experience and skills. Working to strict timelines, you will need to rapidly integrate into the existing team and start producing high quality products in a short period of time.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Develop processes and products consistent with an instructional design methodology
• Incorporate contemporary learning methodologies, blended learning principles and new technologies into training materials
• Manage content / document review cycles with stakeholders and subject matter experts
• Deliver outputs on time, on budget and in line with quality requirements
• Apply a proactive risk management approach to identification and resolution of risks and issues associated with training development activities
• Communicate effectively with stakeholders and facilitate meetings and design/development workshops.
To be successful, you will be an Australian Citizen who currently holds or has the ability to obtain an Australian Defence security clearance, as well as:
• Experience with the ADDIE approach to learning
• A minimum of three years’ experience in analysing, designing and / or developing training materials context
• TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 accepted, but must be prepared to upgrade)
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams
• Excellent oral, written communication skills, including proficiency with the MS Office suite
• Experience in the design and development of adult learning training packages and aligned courseware.
Other vocational or tertiary qualifications in adult education, Learning & Development, or Mechanical, electrical or electronics trade qualifications and / or relevant industry experience will be highly regarded.
In addition to competitive remuneration packages, KBR is an equal employment opportunity provider and offers many benefits to its employees including mentoring, career development pathways, training and study assistance.
We offer supportive, family-friendly work environments and a range of corporate programs including company-paid income protection insurance, and members advantages thought BUPA Health Fund, BMW, Audi and DELL Computers.
Please select the 'Apply' button to upload your covering letter and current Resume.
Job: Training Design and Development