General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Writes technical copy for various operation and maintenance manuals and prepares related technical documentation.
1. Researches and compiles technical data for use in various operation and maintenance manuals, training materials, installation guides, and other technical documentation.
2. Provisioning support in the form of APL, AEL, PAL and PCCN for legacy and new acquisition electronic systems.
3. Obtains data from review of documentation, drawings, schematics, and reports, interviews with technical staff, and the study of published material.
4. Prepares written text and coordinates layout and organization of materials according to prepared outlines and specifications.
5. Proofreads material prepared by other technical writers.
6. May provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical writers.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
3-5 YEARS OF RELATED EXPERIENCE PREPARING TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.