Electrical Integration & Test Engineer (Job Number:441213)
SAIC is seeking an IT Infrastructure Engineer on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Restore-L program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. This position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Restore-L mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Satellite Servicing Project Division (SSPD) managed mission. Restore-L is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the Restore-L Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services. The SSPD is responsible for the design, engineering, development, test and operations of the Restore-L Mission through an integrated team at GSFC. The Servicing Payload design, development and RSV integration will be conducted at GSFC.
• Box-level testing and troubleshooting of electrical ground support equipment and flight hardware (electrical integration, functional testing, and environmental testing).
• Board-level testing and troubleshooting of electrical ground support equipment and flight hardware (electrical integration, functional testing, and environmental testing).
• Specifically, the engineer will be responsible for evaluating the engineering unit designs, testing and troubleshooting the engineering units, and modifying the designs for flight.
• Write test plans and oversee testing to demonstrate and/or qualify designs.
• Compile and analyze test data, use the results to assess and improve product designs.
• Work with manufacturing vendors on board layout and build.
• Define layout constraints and provide oversight to electrical design and layout personnel.
• Support boards through manufacturing.
• Generate design analysis (i.e. analog circuit stress and tolerance analysis, worst-case circuit performance/functional analysis over mission life & environment extremes).
• Support NASA design reviews (i.e. test readiness, peer review, CDR, etc.)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree 5+ years of related experience.
• Experience with complex electrical systems testing and troubleshooting.
• Experience with Analog design experience.
• Experience writing/deriving requirements and generating verification plans.
• Experience writing technical reports and generating technical presentations.
• Digital design experience.
• NASA experience a plus.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2018, 7:48:24 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-GREENBELT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job