Afloat and Ashore Network Engineer (Senior Level) (Job Number:441394)
SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a senior level Afloat and Ashore Network Engineer. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The senior level Afloat and Ashore Network Engineer will provide Afloat network engineering support to Carrier Strike Group (CSG), Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) Staff N6s and/or Command Ships, providing underway end-to-end C4I system support on U.S. Navy (USN) and Coalition ships.
- Provide operational support for all afloat and ashore C4I systems throughout the entire deployment cycle, and provide engineering and technical support for rapid introduction of new capabilities into the Fleet
- Support includes system optimization, troubleshooting and Speed-to-Capability technology insertion
- Coordinate with ISEA engineers, technicians, installation teams to provide end-to- end technical support for fielded C4I systems
- Provide CASREP support
- Conduct on-site troubleshooting and maintenance assistance for problems that cross multiple C4I systems, provide on the job training on C4I systems
- Significant travel System Support: Navy/Joint C2-COP: GCCS-M, NTCSS, JTIDS, LINK, TDL, TBMCS, CDLMS
- Tactical Networks: CANES, CENTRIXS, ISNS, ADNS, SCI, VOIP, NGEN
- Information Assurance: Radiant Mercury, HBSS, VRAM, WSUS, VSE
- Battlespace Awareness and Information Systems: SSEE, DCGS-N, ICOP Shore and Expeditionary C4I Center
- Services: NCTAMS, NOC, MOC
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more experience or four (4) years experience in lieu of degree.
- Must possess an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI
- TS/SCI preferred
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum 6 years’ technical experience in Navy C4I systems ashore and afloat.
- experience in network management, network management of Navy C4I programs, and Navy programs for Information Technology for the 21st Century (IT-21)
- ADNS (Preferred)
- CANES (Preferred)
- CENTRIX (Preferred)
- SCI-N o BMD (Preferred)
- Understanding of Navy Command and Control and how C4I systems enhance C2
- Experienced with networking fundamentals and advanced troubleshooting, or Radio Frequency (RF) and baseband equipment operations, or Combat Systems application operation and integration
- Experienced with Remedy/Navy ticketing and troubleshooting resolution experience with Navy C4I Systems.
- IAT 2 certified
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2018, 11:09:28 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job