Database Administration Senior Functional Lead (NIAID SEB) (Job Number:441011)
- The Database Administration Senior Functional Lead is responsible for directing and coordinating activities associated with data model design and analysis; and data services implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Assists with establishing database management systems, standards, requirements, guidelines, and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design and architecture, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specifications, data loading plan, data maintenance plan, and security policy.
- Works with clients to translate business requirements into a logical model that will accurately support and represent the client’s entity relationship and flow of data including:
- Assisting with developing the appropriate database framework to convert the logical model into a physical model to include the creation and maintenance of schemas containing windows, screens, tables and columns, and reports that support the model
- Making recommendations to maximize operating efficiency, support storage requirements and vendor software updates, enforce data governance, ensure recovery is maintained
- Provides MS SQL Server database engineering input to support procurement, configuration management, testing/evaluation, and certification and accreditation of proposed systems.
- Developing functional process diagrams MS SQL Server database services.
- Assists with engineering and installation support focusing on the design, implementation and maintenance of MS SQL Server database services.
- Assists with designing and is primary for installing, provisioning, configuring, optimizing, performance tuning, integrating, testing, and administering MS SQL Server database solution technologies.
- Implements compliance procedures according to all applicable cybersecurity and Information assurance (IA) policies and directives.
- Assists with developing comprehensive test cases to include testing scenarios for both normal and degraded (e.g., disaster recovery, continuity of operations, data recovery/spills, etc.) operations, pass/fail criteria, performance criteria, capacity planning, measurement criteria, results analysis procedures, and results/status reporting criteria.
- Interfaces with system owners during integration and testing preparation and execution.
- Performs requirements analysis to capture and incorporate component system of systems testing criteria into integration testing scenarios.
- Documents the implementation of approved changes to system configurations, software, and infrastructure as directed.
- Assists with providing ongoing progress to leadership, system owners, and peers regarding health and status of the environment.
- Researches and analyzes emerging database technologies, techniques, and protocols and makes recommendations.
- Assists with procurement of hardware, software, and services.
- Supports the installation of new MS SQL Server database components, as required.
- MS SQL Server
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft SharePoint
- STIG or equivalent cybersecurity assessment
- User Migration Utility
- SQL Replication Server
- Database testing
- Database optimization
- Database indexing
- Database clustering
- Transformational analysis
- Data mining
- Agile Engineering
- Application DBA
- Change Management
- Conceptual Data Modeling
- Data Analyst
- Data Backups
- Data Dissemination
- Data Governance
- Data Integrator
- Data Management Specialist
- Data Mining
- Data Modeler
- Data Policy Analyst
- Data Quality Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Visualization Expert
- Database Administrator
- Database Architecture
- Database Manager
- Database Planning, Design and Development
- Decision Support Analysis
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M)
- Relational database programming
- Requirements Development
- Requirements Engineer
- Requirements Management
TECHNOLOGIES & PROTOCOLS:
- Database installation, creation, upgrades, configuration
- Monitoring and tuning
- Disaster recovery planning
- Capacity management and planning
- Analysis and testing
- Data modeling and performance optimization
- Virtualized/cloud based environments
- Automated testing tools
- Installation, upgrades and patching
- Database tuning and manipulation
- Data mapping, mining and transformational analysis tools
- Development and optimization
- Configuration and monitoring
- Installation, testing, implementation and patching
- Backup and recovery planning
- ASO and VPD technologies
- Applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- High Availability
Required Education and Experience:
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and a minimum of five years of practical experience in database design, analysis, implementation (four of these years must be with Microsoft SQL Server).
- Possess an active Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) - Data Management and Analytics or MS SQL Server or comparable/higher advanced certification in database administration.
- Active Public Trust L5 Security Clearance.
- Experience in working clients to translate business requirements into a logical model that will accurately support and represent the client’s entity relationship and flow of data
- Experience developing functional process diagrams for database services
- Experience providing engineering and installation support focusing on the design, implementation and maintenance of database services
- Experience complying with all applicable security and information assurance (IA) / cybersecurity policies and directives
- Experience with Agile development
- Demonstrated experience in database monitoring and tuning tools, such as SQL Diagnostic
- Must be an independent self- starter with strong initiative working on database projects
- Must have strong writing / reporting and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure fast-paced environment
- Must be able to quickly learn and apply new tools and technologies
- Must be flexible in a constantly changing business landscape
- Must have strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated experience in MS SQL Server development, testing, integration, disaster recovery, and operational environments
- Agile or DevOps certification
- Experience with health IT systems
- Oracle database experience
- Possess demonstrated experience with Operations support within an ITIL Service Operations management framework
- Demonstrated experience briefing senior leaders
- Demonstrated experience with Risk Analysis
- Demonstrated experience with HA (high availability) solutions, including set up, maintenance and troubleshooting of MS SQL Server Replication, Database Mirroring and Log Shipping
- Understand the concepts of virtualized hardware systems, RAID and SAN commonly used in fault tolerant production environments
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Experience with multi-tiered application environments with SQL, Web services, Web API, HTML5, and XML development
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2018, 9:35:23 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job